It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abnormally Slow Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've seen a lot post on missing time or time going past quicker than normal but I want to know if anyone here has experienced incredibly slow passings of time. This is something I've been dealing with since I gained a proper understanding of time as a kid and I want to see if anyone else dealt with this. I think since about the age of 8 right around the time we moved into the house I still live in, I started feeling that at certain times it felt like time it's self slowed to the point where it felt like it had almost stopped. Things that always take me a long time seem to happen quicker when I feel like this, I'll spend time doing something that I know takes a certain amount of time but when I look at the clock only a small amount of that time has passed. I've never tried setting timers for this because they just don't seem to work in my house. It's almost like I live in a realm without proper time. I'm almost 18 now and I want to experience what's going on and I want to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. (P.S. It's not boredom, it's not effected by my mood or activities)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HextiraRipply

Yes I have noticed a slow down in physical time where at one time it was going really really fast. You aren't imagining it---None of my routines have changed

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have noticed both at different times.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I have noticed both at different times.
i was just thinking about you, found myself worried about you. Is your Mom ok?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

I concur. Time has slowed down.

I also find myself missing time, 15 to 30 minutes that i cannot account for. Anyone else doing this recently. This started after the solstice. I don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For me it's just the opposite. I work for a school district and am on summer hiatus. It's about half over and it feels like its lasted only a very short time (it has, in fact, been nearly six weeks but feels more like two). I think the subconscious mind expands or contracts the sensation of time depending on how much you are currently dreading or enjoying it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: superluminal11

I concur. Time has slowed down.

I also find myself missing time, 15 to 30 minutes that i cannot account for. Anyone else doing this recently. This started after the solstice. I don't believe in coincidence.

Strange , this usually happens to me after a big meal . Coincidence? All of a sudden I look at the clock and it is 1/2 hour later.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I did an experiment for the NRC using a square wave frequency generator, a wire line, a paired geometrically matched node system and two identical counters. I let it run for a month and the results were unusual, but what I expected. The wire system counted off pulses and kept perfect time. The node system lost or gained up to three hours a day. Same pulse feed for both counters, just two different communications methods. Our body clocks are tied to this reality construct, but I believe our mental/spiritual selves, the stuff that makes you, you, can subconsciously detect the changes in an absolute or real time. I just used instruments, the university saw what I did and how, they just couldn't understand how I came up with the idea and geometry for the communication system. I always got the weird projects.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I think most people have experienced that. When waiting on something, time can seem to slow to a crawl, for example. If you think about it, you might find that these were times in which you were waiting for something you wanted.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Is the gain/loss of 3 hours significant or a predictable unpredictability?

As far as the OP. I generally feel as I get older, time seems to speed up faster and faster. The only time it slows down is when I'm waiting for something to come out of the microwave

edit on 4-7-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The answer is far simpler ,A child's mind is a lot quicker than an adults ,time appears to speed up because your mind slows as you age

edit on 4-7-2016 by FREEMINDSOFMAN because: Wrong thumb

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
A watched pot never boils.

Theory of Relativity: Times seems to go more slowly when you are with your Relatives?

A good read:
www.washingtonpost.com...

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I remember a few times when time seemed to be moving in slow motion. The first time it sucked because I was moving in slow motion too and couldn't move my muscles as fast as my brain was working. The other times things were cool. I could move faster too. I believe some of those events had something to do with drinking alcohol. I used my super speed to play an arcade game in a bar for over an hour on one quarter the first time I noticed it. On another occasion, different club, I won some nascar racing arcade games competing against computers.

If I experience the super speed where time seems to be moving real slow, I try not to be noticed by not moving around too fast. I wasn't thinking one time and someone commented that she saw me moving really fast. It's been a few years since I remember experiencing the super speed or really slow time. I have noticed almost every other driver on the road seems to be super slow but there are exceptions. I just chalk that up to most people being slow thinkers, slow to move, etc. it is annoying when they block the road.

When I was younger I used to feel energized bicycling at speeds up to 45 mph on a flat road, one time up to 60 estimated downhill. 60 mph did seem a bit dangerous on a bicycle. I could smell the rubber on my bicycle brakes burning if I applied them hard. It took a while to stop at higher speeds too. I accidentally broke the pedals off of one bicycle. Too much power pressed against the pedals. One time the supposedly solid steel shaft in between the pedals broke. I haven't been bicycling since an accident back several years ago. The wheel came loose and I decided I needed a very well built bicycle to stay together or it was just too dangerous. I woke up in the hospital. Fortunately I had a helmet on or I might not be here. I dented the helmet.
edit on 4/7/16 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Is the gain/loss of 3 hours significant or a predictable unpredictability?

As far as the OP. I generally feel as I get older, time seems to speed up faster and faster. The only time it slows down is when I'm waiting for something to come out of the microwave

No, it was not predictable. However, when we were done we did see some timing that appeared to be related to cosmic/stellar events. So we provided an analysis paper to the the NRC which posited that gravity waves could be detected by temporal proxy.

Feeling time move fast or slow I believe is a response to a subconscious measurement of subjective and absolute frames of reference.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/4.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FREEMINDSOFMAN

I don't think that's the answer because as I said this has been happening since I was 8 and I am now 17. Also what I'm going though is time slowing not going fast.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Is it the location you are at or does it happen in other areas , I have only experianced the missing time sensation 3 times in my life and all within a 2 mile radius over 40 years and all out doors during daylight

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Time is not what they claim it is. The 24 hour day is fake. Something is morphing time and your perception of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I've never had it happen outside my home that can recall.

new topics

top topics

join