It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissent and Discordance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this site while searching for info on various topics (Area 51, military testing on civilian subjects, etc), and found it to be right up my alley. I am very concerned about the current state of affairs; status quo if you will, and can't allow myself to knowingly conform (save the intangibles) in a way that would be detrimental to human-kind. I believe in a change no matter how big or small. Even the most abrupt changes start small.

That being said, I should probably tell everyone a little bit about myself. I am 25 years of age, born and raised in the Buffalo, NY (USA) area. I am currently matriculated in college for Computer Science -- where I hope to do something groundbreaking someday in software (if not, I can handle video game programming).
I am an avid video gamer, and guitar player. My favorite sport to watch and play is hockey. Favorite genre of movies are horror, and comedy. Favorite genre of music is rock (or any variation of it including pop, and metal).

I hope to learn a thing or two while I am here, and also contribute...if that's a possiblity (I'm probably out of my league).

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS, Nice intro and im sure you will find many things here to feed your thirst! Look forward to seeing you around the board,

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Enjoy the site, Burning_Inside!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burning_Inside

Ministry fan, I take it?

Howdy.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't see any major or minor league signs around ATS.

Good luck!

What steps will you be recommending against the status quo?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Ministry fan, I take it?

Howdy.

Bigtime!

Wrestling fan? Chairshots, and DDT's, the golden age of wrasslin'...ah the memories.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wrestling fan?

Excellent choice in music then!

Fan?
Hrm, you could say that, I guess. Some prefer to call it a pathology, but .....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Burning_Inside
Welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy your stay with us, but watch out its addictive!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What steps will you be recommending against the status quo?

I don't know if there is one concrete answer to that question, but the only thing we can do is go against the grain, and hope that we don't falter in the process. Did I mention that I am a bit of a pessimist?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ah! You want "PTS" (Pessimists @ Above Top Secret), LOL.

You may be selling yourself short a little. You are correct that great waves start from tiny ripples, and human ripples are one at a time.

new topics

top topics

join