It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero cop tackles suicide bomber at Istanbul Ataturk Airport as at least 36 people believed dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

At least 36 people lay dead and more than 147 were wounded after three suicide bombers struck at Istanbul’s international airport this evening.

A policeman had managed to wrestle one attacker to the ground before the terrorist detonated his device, said one report.

The attackers opened fire with Kalashnikov machine-guns before blowing themselves up in a similar attack to the one that devastated Brussels airport in March, said Turkish Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag.

He added that the number of casualties was likely to rise.

Six casualties were fighting for life.

Eyewitness Elita Baumane said: “People were running and screaming and panicking.”

Hero cop tackles suicide bomber at Istanbul Ataturk Airport as at least 36 people believed dead

Another attack in Turkey, this one looks really bad. As someone who flies in Europe fairly regularly, this is another reason for me to be bloody terrified of Airports. Other reports have indicated there are three more bombers from this group still at large, so this could get even worse.

I pray to God that the police get to them before they can murder anymore innocent civilians.

(Apologies if another thread on this, I did look. As usual, mods delete if duplicated)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Here is video of a Turkish police officer shooting one of the bombers before he detonates his bomb...

twitter.com...

Scroll down to third video.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I REALLY did not need to see that

For anyone who hasn't clicked on the link above, its really graphic.

But no point burying my head in the sand, although that was horrific , its todays reality. I cannot fathom out people running with suitcases in their hands though? Me, I would drop everything and run like fun. Bugger worrying about a few clothes when someone is shooting. Glad the bastard died though, shame it wasn't a bit slower.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: expatwhite
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I REALLY did not need to see that

For anyone who hasn't clicked on the link above, its really graphic.

But no point burying my head in the sand, although that was horrific , its todays reality. I cannot fathom out people running with suitcases in their hands though? Me, I would drop everything and run like fun. Bugger worrying about a few clothes when someone is shooting. Glad the bastard died though, shame it wasn't a bit slower.

Well maybe you shouldn't have clicked on Tsurfers link.....Some people are there own worst enemy.

btw, I didn;t see anything really graphic....other than his arm or leg or bag or something flying through the air which i half expected before i clicked the link.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Sorry, but it is part of the discussion...and it shows just how f'd up in the head these savages are.

People need to understand these people are not in their right minds and this is what we have to deal with...being pc isn't going to stop this madness.

I probably should have said it was graphic, but it shows the length that radicalized individuals will go for their interpretation of the quaran. It will only get worse I am afraid.
edit on 29-6-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join