It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Think Prayer and Action are Exclusive Concepts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I was simply questioning to motive to do so.

I never said they were smart about it.

Why you would go about telling a bunch of people that you are praying for something is completely beyond me.

Why not? How much harm is done by letting someone know you are thinking about them and petitioning God on their behalf for God to meet their needs? What harm is done with someone praying for you?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: DeadFoot
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I was simply questioning to motive to do so.

I never said they were smart about it.

Why you would go about telling a bunch of people that you are praying for something is completely beyond me.

Why not? How much harm is done by letting someone know you are thinking about them and petitioning God on their behalf for God to meet their needs? What harm is done with someone praying for you?

Presuming on your relationship with God by asking him to change his glorious divine plan that he spent so long putting together just to make you and your friends happy. No harm in that at all, especially when a billion people get together and do it on his day off.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No presumption, the Word says we can boldly approach the throne of grace. But you didn't answer my question, what's wrong with letting someone know you're thinking of them and sympathizing enough with them in their situation to petition God to rectify it?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: TzarChasm

No presumption, the Word says we can boldly approach the throne of grace. But you didn't answer my question, what's wrong with letting someone know you're thinking of them and sympathizing enough with them in their situation to petition God to rectify it?

Depends on what you are praying for and what else you could be doing about it besides praying.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join