It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children At The Calais Migrant Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
When the most capable combination of professionals went to Calais to address the issue of children in the camp they didn't meet with the expected co-operation.

. . . we were due to have a meeting there to address specific issues facing women and children, but the increasing tension over the course of the afternoon denied us that possibility.
www.juliewardmep.eu...

Jo Cox said this.

In the shanty towns of Calais and Dunkirk, the aid workers I spent a decade with on the frontline as an aid worker myself, tell me that the children there face some of the most horrific circumstances in the world.
www.buzzfeed.com...

Paula Rice made this on the spot report recently.

What is the truth here?

When the best efforts are made, "increasing tension" prevents discussing the needs of women and children. Why is this?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

children there [ calais migrant camps ] face some of the most horrific circumstances in the world

what utter bollox

here is a simple question - whats the mortality rate / 1000 children at songatte ?

then compare that number to < insert a 3rd world crisis zone >

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
When the best efforts are made, "increasing tension" prevents discussing the needs of women and children. Why is this?

Obviously because the needs of the men are much higher than the needs of mere women and children!

Also why do they want to enter the UK so badly, what is wrong with France and the rest of Europe?
edit on 28-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

First and foremost from, Julie Ward;

the majority of Jungle inhabitants are men

And then from buzzfeed;

Who can blame desperate parents for wanting to escape the horror that their families are experiencing.

That should actually read "Who can blame mothers with children.."

The first question that needs to be asked is, WhyTF are all the men out first. Seriously, we must be talking about some really spineless individuals here.

"increasing tension" prevents discussing the needs of women and children. Why is this?

When you've actually experienced some of the cultures we are talking about here, there are no questions, there is no surprise, only pity.

A truly monumentally sad thing, but to be honest it's always been there to some extent, it's just that it has never really been reported nor so close to your doorstep.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Also why do they want to enter the UK so badly, what is wrong with France and the rest of Europe?

probably learnt english rather than french - plus racial tension not so bad here compared to france
edit on TuesdaythkTue, 28 Jun 2016 06:24:03 -0500America/Chicago2Tuesday2016201603 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Kester

Obviously because the needs of the men are much higher than the needs of mere women and children!

Its because we offer the highest benefits, when they come here and seek asylum they are given a house (hard for an Englishman to get nowadays), given money, given child benefits (which can be sent back to their country of origin, the child doesn't have to be with them to receive cash!!!!!), given a clothing allowance (most have better/newer clothes then me) and free health care all while still waiting for their application to go through the system which takes a long time and is back logged badly. They don't have a thing to pay for, its all taken care of by the so called government
They all have more cash then most people round my way (my town is over run with them), most own cars and drive which is illegal, they have no licence so cant have insurance or tax, both of which we HAVE to obtain to drive on the British roads or we face a driving ban, I'm gona stop before I start ranting lol I could go all day about them motherf..k..s

top topics

join