It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I beg of you...PLEASE stop!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by Snarl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Ah yes, the go to of the three year old.

"They started it" or "Well little Joeys mom and dad let HIM say what ever he wants!"

Thats the sort of seasoned debate skill that we need more of around here, for suuuure.

Good grief.

So you say agree with the OP and only allow that side of the aisle or whatever else you want to call it to be the only ones allowed to call names or say anything at all.....

The REAL go to of a 3 year old, and you can't even see you are doing it.

Not even close. He wasn't calling the guy a 3-year-old, he was saying that is a 3-year-old argument style. Anyone who has had a 3-year-old knows it's true.

That's not namecalling. And really you're probably just backing him up because you subscribe to the same group-ideology as him so...

That would be you doing exactly what you just accused him of doing except that he wasn't doing it.
----
I feel like I'm in intellectual limbo lately on this site, seriously. The Conservatives are mobbing into classless, boisterous groups like SJWs going to war against cisgender neckbeards.

It's all backward.

I might just explode the next time someone calls someone a 'snowflake' before going on about how their religion requires special protections.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Argus100

Can you provide a specific example of someone using the word libtard around here lately?

I'd like to give them a star if that's okay with you.

Users can reward political trolling with confirmation bias to their heart's content.

Just know that all it accomplishes is a mutual level of stupidity and a reason for many of those with opposing viewpoints to not take the post seriously.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well the responses to this thread have been hyper-ironic and not funny at all.

I guess the OP was right. Damn...... What happened ATS?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think you have to understand that the battle has changed and therefore, the people on both sides are up in arms. It used to be that there was a base that never changed, and grey areas where the left and right would battle...tug...pull and make temporary changes. This has been changed (in my opinion) by the left. They have targeted the Constitution (the law of our land), they have infiltrated the SCOTUS and ignore our laws, they take judge positions and ignore the law and even the President of the United States ignores our laws and has begun writing his own...illegally. They have attacked the base and that, in my opinion, is why things are so heated and serious now.

When you try to fundamentally change that which makes America what America is...you will have a lot of people who will fight to the death to keep you from doing so.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I saw the OP and thought ok, this can be about whomever you want...

If you lean left it can be about the right. If you lean right it can be about the left. If you are a moderate it can be about extremists. If you are an extremist it can be about moderates. And so on.

In the end, the only thing that really bothers me about the described behavior is that the people doing it know they aren't furthering the discussion or sharing information. All they are doing is insulting people whose opinion differs from their own. If the differing opinion is cogent enough to threaten their fragile construct these people lash out with every insult they can sling at the opposing party, then hide behind some feigned self righteous, "they did it too". Or even worse, they pretty much come right out and say that their method of discrimination is ok and yours isn't. The absolute worst is, "Prove it to me. If you can't then you shouldn't say it." Its called an opinion. No one owes you anything, including proof.

Although the OP indicates displeasure with the right leaning crowd here I can honestly say I believe the left leaning are by far the greater perpetrators of this indignant behavior. Of course, the left will say the only reason I feel that way is because I lean to the right. When I see someone going off on right wingnut teabagger koolaid drinkers, yeah, I will speak to them in their own language. And it never ceases to amaze me how offended they get by it. Not when they do it, of course. Only when someone does it to them.

And yes, it does get old very fast. And yes, it always is the same people. And they do it for one major reason - to get threads that they don't like closed. And unfortunately, it works. Instead of mods banning them from the thread, they just close the thread.

ATS, have you considered banning certain individuals from posting in specific threads after it becomes apparent their contribution is nothing more than insult and inflammatory speech? It might save threads from getting closed down prematurely and serve notice to some people who are repeat offenders they they are on the radar - so to speak.

Just a thought...
edit on 1-7-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

buzzwords

*answers page* How can I help

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Brit, you would make a great "Rennie".....
broadswords, and ale, and long hair..........keeping our heritage alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join