It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parrot Could Help Prosecute Murder Suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SAND LAKE, Mich. — A Sand Lake couple’s pet parrot could be used as evidence to prove Glenna Duram murdered her husband Martin.

14 months after Martin Duram was found dead from multiple gunshot wounds in his Sand Lake home, Glenna Duram, 48, is in jail and accused of his murder.

His is family thinks the couple quarreled over unpaid bills, foreclosure on their home and her gambling debts.

They believe she killed him and tried but failed to kill herself.

A few weeks after his death last May, the couple’s parrot started repeating a loud, profane argument between a male and a female:

The man told her to, “Get out.”

“Where will I go,” she replied.

Then, in what family believes are his last words, "Don’t f----ing shoot.”

Parrot Could Help Prosecute Murder Suspect

This is an interesting court/crime story...and I actually believe that this bird is repeating the words it heard during the murder.
I have had some personal experience with owning parrots over the years and their intelligence and loyalty can be remarkable.

The fact that this particular parrot is an African Grey makes this scenario all the more likely. Greys are among the best talkers of all parrots, as well as being among the most intelligent.

I'm sure the defense attorney will probably be able to make a case against using the parrot's 'testimony' ...but it is fun to think that finally a bird will be putting a human in a cage.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow ! ....poor bird ... Saw his owner killed . I always feel badly for,pets who see their owners die. You know they are heart broken too....well maybe this bird will spur in some other ways to find evidence.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We used to have a Grey! Awesome birds. Gizmo was a cheeky little snot though.
It's true what they say about how a parrot will learn the words and phrases faster if you say them excitedly, rather than nonchalant.

So if arguing over the same thing constantly was happening in the house then it is no wonder that the bird picked it up. Greys are smart enough that they can pick up a new "thing" within just a few hours.

I honestly feel that a parrot which has the brain capabilities to learn to talk, and hold a somewhat conversation should be allowed to be used as evidence.

also don't argue with one, you WILL lose, no matter how much logic and reason you provide you will lose, they can and will last FOREVER, and not drop the subject till long long after it is dead.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No F*N way!
I just saw this Three Stooges episode a few days ago, where a parrot helps solve the murder mystery in court.

edit on 27-6-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
No F*N way!
I just saw this Three Stooges episode a few days ago, where a parrot helps solve the murder mystery in court.

It was probably a Matlock episode once too.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Interesting to see how this plays out.

Hope the parrot goes into witness protection(see article on how that works).

"5 Times Animals Served As Witnesses In Criminal Cases, From Talkative Parrots To Blood-Stained Cats"

The Case Of Echo The Parrot, The Pet Of A New Orleans Crime Boss

Back in the mid-1990s, a parrot named Echo was one of the first animals to enter the witness protection program. Because the witness protection program still doesn’t include a branch for animals, the bird was sent to a wildlife rehab given explicit instructions to keep hush. Owned by the former New Orleans crime boss Anthony Corolla, Echo witnessed vile instances of child abuse (the jury is still out on whether Echo witnessed a murder) and reached a point of trauma where she would rock and repeat vile things her mob owner said.

The Case Of Scooby The Dog, Who Served As A Murder Witness

Making history as the first dog to testify in court in France, a dog appropriately nicknamed Scooby served as a witness for a murder trial in 2008. The dog’s 59-year-old owner’s dead body was discovered hanging from the ceiling of her apartment. Originally assumed to be a suicide case, investigators brought Scooby onto the witness stand to see if any suspects would elicit excessive barking. Sure enough, it worked.

Continued at source.
edit on 27-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/6/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The cross examination of the parrot is gonna be interesting.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who had the parrot for the few weeks after the murder before it came out with all that?

I imagine there is no proof either way that it repeated an actual argument or had been 'schooled' by the victim's family, if it had been in their possession.
edit on 27-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I'm sure the defense could argue the parrot just heard those words from a television show.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: berenike

I'm sure the defense could argue the parrot just heard those words from a television show.

You could argue that...but the parrot mimicked the tone or voice of each person as it repeated the sentences....so the parrot spoke and sounded like the guy who was killed when he said " get out" and " don't f...ing shoot"..... And when the parrot said " where will I go ?" It sounded just like the woman who is being accused . ....spookey !!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: IAMTAT

The cross examination of the parrot is gonna be interesting.

Why? The parrot won't change its testimony.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Because it is a parrot.

new topics

top topics

join