It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Swiss" Team(Euro)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a RANT, Do NOT take seriously.

Ok, Poland ultimately won the game through penalties(5v4), but looking at the "Swiss" team I couldn't help but notice that they have at least two players which are not truly Swiss. Sure legally they are and they were born in the nation, but one was of Spanish-Chilean heritage and the other from Cameroon. Yesterday there was a thread of what makes one an American and I believe the heritage is what makes on some nationality which certain members of the "Swiss" team lacks. This is absurd. The Euro is a European focused football tournament. It has a lot of nationalism which is evident by the the fans(for example me I am incredibly patriotic/nationalistic of Poland) which why I'm proud that my country fielded a Polish team, not a team part made of foreigners as the Swiss team. This is not an anti-foreign post, this simply makes no sense to me. Yeah, I'm low energy. We won, I have no rage left in me. Cheers. Hope we beat Croatia or Portugal. Dear god let us go against Croatia.
edit on 25-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

And Polacks arent really xenophobic?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
LOL didn't read very hard did you
It just seems this should be a national spirit type thing. Ok wrong term, but it gets my meaning across. I've seen some of your posts. Really not one to speak.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

For me color doesnt really matter, its a cultural thing..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Exactly. And that is my point lol. Didn't mention color. Please read next time. Ok, I'm done feeding the troll

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The Poland teams first goal in 2008 was scored by Brazilian born Roger Guerriero. Most teams have members with "heritage", I don't see it as a big deal at all.

link   
So how many generations should we wait until a family member can be part of the national team when they have foreign roots?

I know that some people in your country even think Podolski is a traitor.

link   

but looking at the "Swiss" team I couldn't help but notice that they have at least two players which are not truly Swiss. Sure legally they are and they were born in the nation, but one was of Spanish-Chilean heritage and the other from Cameroon.

You want me to comment?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

Good point. I'm not dealing with the troll; hopefully people realize this is a rant. Quite simple. A rant, not to be taken serious. I'm just relieved right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Wasn't aware. I'm against that too. Eh whatever, it is a rant. Don't take it seriously

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Turkish nationalists thought Özil was a traitor and wanted him to play in the National team of Turkey, when they found out he was kurdish, they said;" F# the kurd "

Funny aint it

top topics

join