It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel so vindicated with this video...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A few months ago I proposed that Trump was running as a gag, the next day Cracked picked up a similar story.

Well those guys at cracked turned the idea into a comedy video...

enjoy.

btw here is my original post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I too held that it was just a joke, just a bored old man with time on his hands, and a narcissistic bent for the spotlight. Now I think that I and Mr. Trump were off on our calculations of the political equation. We miss judged the American people.
As comparison I keep thinking back to when GWB was running for his first term, back when no one thought he had a chance. There were several times when he would come out to make a speech that had been written for him. It was clear that there were 'catch phrases' stuffed into his speeches that his handlers had told him would bring cheers and ovations from the crowds. When he would deliver one of these 'catch phrases' the crowd would roar and he would look off stage at someone with surprise all over his face and almost marvel at how gullible his constituents were. He would then go back to the speech and deliver another line and the same reaction would happen and he again would look off stage and smirk at how easy it was to feed the crowd what they wanted to hear.

That video was sad in the same way. Those comic writers had faith that the public would soon see through their charade and as time drew on it became clear to them what a monster they had loosed. Especially when the muppet believers joined them almost with a "Fight Club' kind of mentality or a Stepford Wife mentality.

I have to say that Mr. Trumps success does not bode well, not because of him but because of the fervent nature of his supporters. It speaks to the weakness in people to attach themselves to cult like leaders who promise them all their hearts desires.

Actually, now that I checked out your other thread I find that I replied in it also. One of the points that arose in it down the way was that should he win the election he might even just play at it for a couple three years and hand it off the his VP. This I still think is a firm possibility, because as it stands now, he could just take his joke all the way to the White House.
edit on 30America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 19:34:09 -0500Fri, 24 Jun 2016 19:34:09 -050016062016-06-24T19:34:09-05:00700000034 by TerryMcGuire because: Actually, now that I checked out your other thread I find that I replied in it also. One of the points that arose in it down the way was that should he win the election he might even just play at it for a couple three years and hand it off the his VP. This I still think is a firm possibility, because as it stands now, he could just take his joke all the way to the White House.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

This is really good.

Yes, in real life, the campaign is funny. It is powered by meme's and absurdity.

This is why Trump will win.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

So, some people have finally understood that politics is a joke?

How long did that take?

Actually, a well done farce too long in the making with style and substance.

top topics

join