It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Powerful Arthritis Pain Reliever You’ve Never Heard Of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
GET HOLISTIC HEALTH

www.getholistichealth.com...

. . .
Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F (TwHF), also known as thunder god vine, is an ancient Chinese herbal remedy that has been used for centuries to relieve joint pain and treat inflammation. And you know what? It works just as well as the rheumatoid arthritis drug treatment that’s widely prescribed.
. . .
TwHF was found to work just as well on the symptoms of active rheumatoid arthritis in patients and increased patients’ relief when taken in conjunction with methotrexate. The research team randomly assigned 207 patients to one of three treatment groups. One group took 12.5 mg of methotrexate once per week, another took 20 mg of TwHF three times per day, and the last group took a combination of the two.
After the 24-week trial, 46.5% showed significant improvements on methotrexate alone, 55% showed significant improvement on TwHF alone, and a whopping 77% showed improvement when they took a combination of the two.
. . .

Sounds like a solid option, to me.
77% showing improvement from both meds sounds great, to me.
I still think that interpersonal bitterness and unforgiveness correlate a LOT with arthritis. And, many folks are finding that choosing to forgive; asking God to make it real and thorough in their hearts; persistently confessing forgiveness every time the memory comes up etc. . . . . that doing so gives them relief from serious arthritis pains and troubles.
Nevertheless, I'm all for anything healthy that relieves pain and suffering.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Someone told me their grandmother use to let a bee sting her in her hand with the RA. I thought it was just a tale but heard the story from other older people. Must have something to do with blocking the inflammation for a while. Never thought of researching it any further.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So there is some truth to it:

Although bee venom therapy is largely an unproven technique, about 50 U.S. physicians report good results using the substance to treat not only pain but arthritic conditions, multiple sclerosis, and other health woes. Other practitioners treat high blood pressure, asthma, hearing loss, and even premenstrual syndrome with bee venom.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Interesting. I've heard of that, too.

Haven't gone bee sting hunting--thankfully haven't had any need or occasion to! LOL.

I wonder if there have been any studies on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode
If that truly is the case , may be why I have not been burdened by RA, I am immune due to bee stings

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I hope you weren't one of those contrarian teens that insisted on whacking hives with a stick, just for kicks.

ONE episode worth!

Dad had warned the kid repeatedly to keep back. Dad had been a bee keeper.

The kid was stubborn. Whacked away at the hive until he was seriously stung multiple times. He did live.

But never did THAT AGAIN!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Note: I am not a professional herbalist. My interest stems from an interest in gardens and natural healing.

Herbal arthritis remedy

1 part horseradish leaves
1 part lemon balm leaves
1 part thyme leaves
1 part celeriac leaves
1 part yarrow leaves

Aqueous cream (a non alergenic water based cream. - I think it is what the ladies would call 'cold cream' and is used to remove makeup.)

Chop up herbs finely, and bruise in a pestal and mortar.

Add a couple of teaspoons of herbs to a small jar and top up with cream and mix well.

Note: a pinch of powdered sulphur can be added, but sulphur can be very dangerous to alergic people. Horseradish provides sulphur.

Usage: Remedy is absorbed through the skin. A small amount of cream is rubbed into the skin of the hands, three times a day for three months.

Concept behind the remedy: the remedy is designed to combat a childhood illness that lurks in the body unnoticed until there is a trigger that causes the illness to re-emerge with different symptoms. For example; chicken pox can re-emerge as shingles in later life.

Inspiration came from seeing a TV news report of children in wheel chairs with advanced arthritis a few years after the Australian government introduced the measles vaccine.

edit on 22-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

edit on 22-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: (groan) spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
Nope. Just one unlucky teen living in the country. Back when bees outnumbered everything.They just didnt like me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Sounds great. Will try and pass it along to those I know needing such.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Thanks yet again for another great thread with the sort of information that is interesting and well worth trying.

Something we didn't know as kids, although we should have taken note when looking at the Russian gymnasts terrific ageing on retirement before they were 30, was how doing too much exercise/sport etc was bad for us. Add the disco to that little lot and no end of my generation are suffering aches and pains or replacements etc.

Something that I expect a lot of us will be visiting our local Chinese Health Store for. S&F.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Beer and aspirin.
Works miracles for me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Wow, that is an interesting study - there could be potential in TWhF. The study is a couple of years old; have you heard about anything done since that?

It should, by the way, be noted that the doses of Methotrexate in the study for some reason were lower than what patients usually get, so it might not be fair to say that THhF works "just as well", however, that does not change the fact that a LOT of patients did get improvements from TWhF alone.

Great stuff, that study.
edit on 22-6-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Thanks for your kind reply.

Looks like it, to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Do some research on serrapeptase.

It's an enzyme found in the stomach of silkworms that's used to digest their cocoons. It has the ability to eat dead tissue in the body which can lead to inflammation, leaving only the healthy tissue behind. Like many natural treatments, your mileage may vary and it should be allowed to build up in the body for at least two weeks before expecting results.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Gothmog

I hope you weren't one of those contrarian teens that insisted on whacking hives with a stick, just for kicks.

ONE episode worth!

Dad had warned the kid repeatedly to keep back. Dad had been a bee keeper.

The kid was stubborn. Whacked away at the hive until he was seriously stung multiple times. He did live.

But never did THAT AGAIN!

... And then he grew up and created an ATS account?
j/k

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Sounds great. Will try and pass it along to those I know needing such.

Cheers.

Astragalus boosts immune response and works really well to stop inflammation and pain.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I doubt it. I saw him at the 50th class reunion last Sept . . . he's still a bit of a rascal. More subdued. A lot thinner.

No, it wasn't me. My dad would have beat me worse than the bees stung if I'd have even thought of such a thing. Well, almost.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

and . . .

@eisegesis,

Thanks. Worth folks giving a try, certainly.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dont forget ginger, cheap and easy to buy anywhere.

In fact, a University of Miami study concluded that ginger extract could one day be a substitute to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The study compared the effects of a highly concentrated ginger extract to placebo in 247 patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. The ginger reduced pain and stiffness in knee joints by 40 percent over the placebo.

blog.arthritis.org...

new topics

top topics

join