It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans Export Of Items With Possible Military Use To North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It seems North Korea is the one that is being isolated. Russia and China have not traded with NK in decades and it seems NK is on the verge of a collapse.

China Bans Export Of Items With Possible Military Use To North Korea

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Ouch.....

Looks like north korea lost its last freind in the world....

My heart bleeds for little kim

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well now. Hate to toot my own horn , and someone pat me on the back (my arm is sore from patting myself on the back). But..all those China and NK will destroy the US , where are you now ?I told ya so
Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

According to a video game, NK will have the capability to overrun the US and all of Korea! lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Someone in Kim's inner circle needs to put an end to his rule for the sake of themselves and the people of North Korea.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95

According to a video game, NK will have the capability to overrun the US and all of Korea! lol.

With what now?

Even before this north korea didnt have the oil and spare parts to keep its airforce in the air.

Couple of years it its tanks will be useless lumps if metal too.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I believe that game was Homeland. It started out a Russian invasion. Then moved to a Chinese invasion . The a NK invasion. The premise was NK was heavily backed by China. The New Leader of NK managed to unite both Koreas under one flag. The US was forced to pull out of the region entirely. Thus it began

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

With what now?

Even before this north korea didnt have the oil and spare parts to keep its airforce in the air.

Couple of years it its tanks will be useless lumps if metal too.

Poster was just poking a little fun at my post using Homeland , a game. I got it....
No harm , no foul

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I doubt this will be enforced.

The Chinese Government has extreme difficulty enforcing any of the trade restrictions they place on the DPRK. Members of the Military District bordering the DPRK (who happen to be responsible for border patrol around the area) rarely stop anything getting through, mostly because of their personal financial links to people within the DPRK Leadership.

I doubt the Xi government in Beijing even want it enforced. Probably just a symbolic gesture to those hostile to the DPRK across the world.

Believe it or not China and even South Korea have a lot to lose from the collapse of the Kim dynasty.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

How does south Korea have anything to lose from NK folding? I'm curious...I just not seeing it.

The US will stop aiding them (not a chance with Russia and China so close)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Economic collapse following reunification with the absorption of the destitute DPRK economy and all the burdens and problems that come with it

Mass refugee rush to the South from the North.

Probably have to deal with Hardcore Kim Loyalists waging a guerrilla war as well

To name a small few.
edit on -050007am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

edit on -050007am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Where do you think all the escapees from NK, both of them, go? Yep, China. Trade via bipedial proxy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You mean homefront.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yea, I can see all that. But, I can also see the good ol USA spending tons of money nation building there too.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I would hate to be stationed in South Korea right now, gotta be getting tense..

The more isolated he gets the more nervous he makes me.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I would hate to be stationed in South Korea right now, gotta be getting tense..

The more isolated he gets the more nervous he makes me.

Thats the thing.

His military getting to a point of use or lose it.

Even now its outdated, another couple of years and a puff of wind will blow it down.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Dont doubt that at all... and while the guy is crazier than a bed bug, I doubt he is stupid... he has to realize his military will soon be toast.

Even right now they couldn't do much damage to most of the world... but they can certainly wreck a portion of south korea before they are crushed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Their military poses a strategic threat if not a tactical one.

The mainstream media may laugh at it, but the Pentagon sure doesn't.

Their Air Force may be a joke, but the rest of their military isn't. The most concerning to the US is obviously their ever-expanding force of strategic missiles with ever increasing payloads, and the successful development of a submarine-launched missile system.

The Media may present these as a joke, but if you do some digging into qualified military sources talking about it, they're not laughing at all.

The job of the mainstream media is to make the public laugh at the DPRK, and it's succeeded at it. With false propaganda-style reports of "unicorns" and "micro hydrogen bombs"

While they would (most likely anyway, as per 2015 reports) be militarily defeated by the US, the damage they could conflict on South Korea and Japan could be significant, if not catastrophic.

Generally it would be in the best interests of the West not to back them into a corner, which unfortunately is what they're doing.

George Bush and election of hardliners in South Korea, and the subsequent ending of all DPRK-US agreements after almost a decade of negotiation set the Korean peace process back a great deal, if not doing totally irreparable damage.

The DPRK is simply not as willing to negotiate as they were in the 90s these days, because they are not in as terrible a situation they were in the 90s (though still pretty bad) and they have burned by the US before.

Ironically this was a common complaint from State Department officials responsible for dealing with the DPRK following Bush's "Axis of evil" stuff.

A massive change in approach to the DPRK in the US is needed to reduce the tension in the Korean peninsula. The current approach is not working.
edit on -050008am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Not saying they cant cause a lot of damage.

But thats all they can do.

They cant win any sort of war. Only go down fighting.

Hell iv probably got more flight hours than most north korean pilots .

top topics

join