It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots will take over most jobs in the world by 2045

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
ya, but they are talking about making these robots electronic persons with their owners having to pay social security taxes on them, so I don't know...

MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - Europe's growing army of robot workers could be classed as "electronic persons" and their owners liable to paying social security for them if the European Union adopts a draft plan to address the realities of a new industrial revolution.

www.yahoo.com...

what can I say, you just can't make this crap up!! I guess if there's a social security tax on their earnings, then they have to have earnings??? or is it done differently in the EU??

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't fancy a robot dentist looking at my teeth, or a robot chiropodist holding my foot, a robot cutting my hair, really? a robot cheff, cooking a t bone steak? I'd love to see a robot re-wire a pickup!

Only those jobs that can easily be automated can be done by robots, all others need dexterity, thought, and ingenuity.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
haha i guess thats what they mean by when they showed that Greece unemployment rate would drop to 12% in Greece what hacks.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Informer1958

The only jobs in demand will be Robot Repair Technicians! The rest of society will be living on welfare.

Not welfare...it's called "Guaranteed Basic Income."

The right of each person born to pursue a life of Liberty and Happiness.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed.

It's just a matter of time.

Us "useless eaters" as TPTB have been calling us for years are all scheduled for termination once there is minimal chance of blowback to the perpetrators.

Kev

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Future belongs to the machines.

My "opinion" is the worlds biggest corporations and industries have become so GREEDY for more profits by eliminating jobs altogether.

The economy is built around human productivity, not robotic. Corporations aren't going to replace all workers with robots en masse, because they'd have no one to sell to.

Robotic employment also will set the bar much higher for educational needs which is a very good thing. You WILL learn how to code before you finish grade school, along with other necessary skills that would be needed in an economy that revolves around robot workers.
edit on 22-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

how about a robot proctologist, model bendover 1

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Thank you.

However, you are only looking at a positive side and ignoring the negatives sides of this OP.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Anything is possible really.

The only thing that stands in the way of making this work, is humans greedy nature.
I would havr no issue having robots performing the majority of human labour.
It will be indiscriminating, more effecient, demand and supply would go better hand in hand and be more environmentally friendly.

What has to go along with it is our will to accept simple pay.... citizens allowance we could call it. We need a revolution in the way of being rewarded. No man or woman NEEDS to have a higher salery than anyone else.

I would love to see something like the Venus Project come into being...

No matter how much material wealth you accumulate doing this life you cant take it with you. Flatten the economy...focus on people as a whole instead of as individuals.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
By the time this happens the robots will be too lazy to work and will paying us to serve them and stuff.

Can't see it happening personally, there are always predictions in 30 years from now ATS will still be full of air breathers claiming Roswell was real, 9/11 was an inside job and Chen trails are writing messages to aliens.

Meanwhile, the army will have some autonomous vehicles to augment the soldier on the ground.

30 or 49 years is nothing, England won the World Cup 50 years ago and my colleague drive to Wembley to watch it in a normally aspirated petrol fuel V6 car on a motorway.

I bet my son could do the same in another 50 years and he won't be watching robots play (or England and World Cup win).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join