It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronnie James Dio , Remembering a Legend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ronnie James Dio , gone but never forgotten.
Six years since his death in May 2010 it seems fitting to remember the music and voice of one of rocks true greats.

Great performance of the timeless classic Children of the Sea

And of course Neon Knights , the boys at play....

Ronnie James Dio ; July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010.
Thanks for the music.

edit on 4-6-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
gortex

Legends never truly die. Ride the Tiger, Dio.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I had never appreciated Dio, when I was in high school. At that time it was the band, 'Dio'. It was more for guys and my BF at the time that played guitar. When he died, I read all about him. About other bands he had been in. Started listening to the music again. Now I appreciate him.

2 of the videos say 'not available in your country'. But the Children if the Sea stage backdrop, is awesome. I loved concerts with 2 and 3 level backdrops.
edit on 4-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I knew a chick with a Dio tramp-stamp.
Got lucky on a rooftop.
I'm sure Ronnie was shooting me the metal-horns from the other side.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I knew a chick with a Dio tramp-stamp.
Got lucky on a rooftop.
I'm sure Ronnie was shooting me the metal-horns from the other side.

Rooftops can leave nasty brushburns on one;s back. I hope she was ok LOL. Not that I would know anything about that.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I got to see Dio perform in Winnipeg was awesome I believe it was on his last tour. At least I got to see a legend before he passed.

Holy diver! You've been down to long in the midnight sea!
Oh! What's becoming of meeee!

Was a great experience.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
best voice,he made Rainbow,as ritchie blackmore said,and remember his, butterfly ball single in the 70s, i still play his music,it will never die

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I love Dio! A true legend, his music lives on and on and on.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
RJD was the first and best of the Rainbow vocalists; I love the music and the lyrics (the latter, all penned by Dio).

At the time, for some unknown reason, Ritchie Blackmore wanted a more commercial, 'poppy' sound. Personally, I think he always secretly wanted to be a pop star.

This prompted Dio to leave Rainbow. What a shame.

Apparently, Blackmore commented that he didn't care for the medieval, 'sword and sorcery' lyrics that Dio was writing.

Ironically, Blackmore later formed Blackmore's Night - due to his lifelong love of medieval music.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Dio, huh?

Nope. Never heard of him.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Saw rainbow in 1977 and 1980 at Manchester Apollo-In 1980 Graham Bonnett asked a guy in the front row to pass him a beer. Those were the days-you could drink at a concert, and were close enough to the band to touch them. Oh, and I was at school but still made enough from my Saturday job to buy the ticket.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yep, liked the little man with "beast"of a voice a lot. First CD i bought and the best in my opinion is Dream Evil

This song does it for me...Night People.. on guitars is a very under appreciated guitar player.. Craig Goldy.

What a lot of people do not know is that he is the vocals on the hit of roger clover Love is All. When you hear the voice , you know its Dio singing.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I love when I see that avatar pop up in a thread. I'm like yeah, DIO!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A chick who likes Dio. No, that's not rare, at all. Kudos.

Now, there's a live version of Don't Talk To Strangers, on the flip side of the Mystery 12" single, IIRC, that is the best ever done, and I've only heard a few thousand or so. It's not on Youtube so come over and I'll play it for you. I do know the Dio band didn't play live until after the release of Holy Diver, so this rendition cannot be before the tour happened but Dio sings some different lyrics and, well......

All together now.......

One

Two

Three

Four

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never More from Elf. Totally awesome first album.

Gambler, Gambler from the same album.

Elf - Never More

Yeah, I'm a Dio nut. So sue me. It's kinda funny, this band was really good and got screwed by Ritchie. All for the greater good, It seems today, but Elf could have been more than what they were.

I'm not complaining, as things like this happened.

And this.

edit on 6/7/2016 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A true legend has been lost! I have seen interviews and he seems like an amazing man, deeply philosophical and so very interesting. I could easily spend hours listening to him talk, listening to him sing. Shine on bright star!

Thanks for the vids! I have a busy day today, but will get back in here and listen to the vids you posted. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Legend? Sure. Legendary? Sure.

But why is there a silver mountain with a dude hanging out on the top of it?

What is a Sunset Superman?

Why are we the Last In Line? What line?

What is a Holy Diver?

These, and many other questions, will be explained on the next episode of Soap - yeah, I'm skewing old but Chuck and Bob are still some of the silliest moments I've ever seen on tele. They also have nothing to do with Dio but I don't care.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Good questions. LOL

top topics

join