It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever defined what a human is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LauGhing0ne
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe humanity is thaught, but if we cant relate to it how do we experience it?
To become human, do you think the only way is through war? Do you think we can be humans without pain and suffering?

To answer specifically, no.

humanity is a state of being self-aware and placing a label on our awareness.

But it's nothing special in of itself.

Other species are also self-aware.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss
I do understand you are from a New Age perspective,

And the symptomatic insults/ad-hom dismissal begins.

and you will define most things from your belief.

It is typically unfathomable by the belief-addled how anyone can exist without being filled with 'beliefs'.
Needless to say, I appear to be naturally immune.
My definitions are from experience, study, practice, BEING here, rather than reading all about it in a book.

To you its dogmatic, i cant change your belief system. Having faith does not have to include a abrahamic religion, you can be an fundamental buddhist or an extremist hindu.. To you your belief is very real, but that is about it..

You err in your rant about "my belief system", I am not reduced to 'beliefs', for some reason I am capable of actual original critical thought, philosophy!
In which soil, the noxious toxic weed of 'belief' cannot take hold.

I simplified my OT, to make people understand that our western culture is based of the ideals of christianity and i asked people who read this to define what a human is..?

What you are doing is trying to define your belief?

You are babbling!
Your assertion was in error, and I offered Perspective!
It is not a 'belief' that not everyone in the USA is a Xtian, or even "your version" of a 'Xtian'. it is simple demonstrable reality.
And I see what you are doing with all this pathetic accusation of belief infection to support your Faithless imaginary 'beliefs'.
The symptomatic evidence of a belief infection is consistent through all strains, and prove the diagnosis!
It starts with ad-hom attacks (effort to dismiss the perceived threat summarily) to moving the goalposts and strawmen, and usually ending in violence!

No one has ever deliberately harmed another unless he was infected with some 'belief'.

Education offers much, but it cant offer a salvation from someones imagination.

Agreed; 'beliefs' are a pathologically symptomatic infection of the imagination, the ego! Vanity!
The three basic symptoms are that 'beliefs' constantly require 'defense', 'validation/feeding' and 'propagation/spreading'!
The three main occupations of 'Xtianity'!
But Faithless 'conditional' 'beliefs' can never actually take the place of 'Faith', an unconditional Virtue of unconditional Love!
The 'symptoms' of which is;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity ('Charity' is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

Attacking the messenger is hardly an act of 'Xtian' Love.
Attacking/discounting anyone... gays, atheists, heathen.. is hardly a 'Xtian' pastime.
The true Humility of a real Xtian would have been a very different response than yours.

It is a waste of time to 'argue' (in a philosophical sense) with a 'true believer', to whom logic and science are of less importance than Faithlessly supporting, emotionally, the vanity of the ego...

Unconditional Love heals the vanity and 'belief' malware therein! *__-

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

"If you cant explain it simple enough", was once a quote i overheard.. We as a specie are nothing more than an animal. Remove one basic instinctual need and a devil appears out of thin air and if you overfeed, it will break you down eventually until you die.
The ego in your mind is not your friend, it will use you, feed on you, devour you, just to fill the basic needs it was created for. You and the ego, will never be friends and for you to truly be free one of them must die.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

We as a specie are nothing more than an animal.

Agreed!
As 'species' is a biological definition, such definition defines the human species as animals, just as any cockroach or fish!
Yet we, as Enlightened/unconditionally Loving 'humans', transcend the accepted/known limitations of (the dualism and conditionality of ego/identity) 'animality'.

Remove one basic instinctual need and a devil appears out of thin air and if you overfeed, it will break you down eventually until you die.

You are using too many undefined, mythological, vague, metaphorical terms for me to understand your intended meaning here.

The ego in your mind is not your friend, it will use you, feed on you, devour you, just to fill the basic needs it was created for. You and the ego, will never be friends and for you to truly be free one of them must die.

You are correct, and you are incorrect.
The ego is 'thought/imagination'!
All identity exists in 'thought/imagination'! All that you imagine yourself to be. Ego.
All distinctions, all definitions... are only possible to be Known through the inherent 'duality' of 'thought'!
All that exists, as One Omni- Self! cannot be Known, unless 'fragmented'.
It is the 'duality' of 'thought' that fragments the One into 'bite sized chunks, Knowable!

Schizophrenia is the 'fragmentation' of that which is One!
Thus, to 'believe' the 'dualist illusions' of the ego is insanity!
But Self cannot be fully Known otherwise!
The traditional ignorant notion of 'abolishing' the ego, 'destroying' it, is nonsense, unenlightened ignorance!
The point is not to 'believe' anything that you 'think/feel (feelings are thoughts)'!
Even 'thought' is a feature of an ALL inclusive Reality, and it would be ignorant to attempt to deny it, which is, in essence, denying everything that we imagine ourselves to be! Who we see in the mirror!
We ARE ego!
Even the bible gets this one right when it warns NEVER to 'believe' anything that you 'think/feel'!
The metaphorical cartoonish little red devil sitting astride your shoulder, whispering sweet lies into your ever willing and hungry ear, is your own thoughts/feelings!!

edit on 4-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Psychology is a modern term that fits well within this paradigm of reality

top topics

<< 1   >>

join