It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Converting Physical Art Into Digital Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hello.

Does anyone here know good ways to convert a physical painting/drawing to a digital image online? I am interested in websites that sell out one's artwork as prints. I've googled it in the past but I still don't really understand. Some said use good cameras in good lighting but I can't afford an expensive camera. What about print shops? What do I even ask for if I take my art there?

Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

This might help you.

really depends on what kind of painting it is. If it's a water colour, you can use a scanner if it fits your scanner. Some media agencies have larger flat bed scanners which you.

Source

www.quora.com...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Search your local area for a "digital reprographics" service or Giclee scanning ..
Start there and tell them on the phone what you need done.

Otherwise find a good scanner and try out some editing programs

B

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

I use an app on my phone that works as a digital document scanner called office lens. It is not absolutely perfect but it does work good enough to get the art digital so I can post it here and other places after I upload the image to photobucket and am able to use the direct code in between the brackets here.

There are sites like etsy.com and artbreak.com that will allow you to sell prints of your work photobucket offers a print service as well. Also another option would be to make your own prints and put them on ebay.

Hope this helps =D

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I just photographed a ton of my varnished work, mostly framed smaller pieces.

The biggest trick is use natural light with no flash, and use a tripod with a timer on the camera. SLR's are cheap now, so its worth checking them out. Next use good software to edit your images, photoshop is awesome. ONLY mess with levels (auto levels works) and tweak curves only if your image sucks that bad.

If you are an illustrator or watercolor artist a scanner might be your best bet.

top topics

join