It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnovire Retired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just read here in a SecurityFocus article that the FBI has retired Carnoivore in favor of "unnamed commercially-available products" to carry out their internet snooping and surveilence. Honestly I'm surpised they decided to go with out-of-house solutions instead of their own home brew scare machine which had lots of people all worked up. The big question now I guess is what are they using instead, who provides it, and what are all the dark and dirty details of the new software packages?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
The big question now I guess is what are they using instead, who provides it, and what are all the dark and dirty details of the new software packages?

"Red Sheriff" was the company they were using last year - Red Sheriff stock soared to the top of the charts on government contracts...

For a while, I picked up Red Sheriff trackers every time I did medical research - then they disappeared. Don't know if they're better now, or if the company now has cover names...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That unnamed commercial product could be Google ?

www.google-watch.org...

the great thing about Google is that Chinese policestate use it to fence their internet, but meanwhile I bet there is an american backdoor to watch the chinese watchers as well.....

Many of the general public have invested some money in google stocks to have themselves watched by the all-seing-eye, irony!

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join