It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did The Snowflake Ever Do To You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
schuyler

I know what an "SJW" is. That wasn't the point of my post. I'm not entirely surprised that my actual point flew right over the majority of the heads herein assembled.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Where i grew up to call someone a "snowflake" was a fighting word. Weak,lite, and soon to disappear.....

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's all part of this machoism that seems to be so popular in the USA right now. People feel their muzzles have been removed by trump and are now keen to prove what tough guys they all are. I won't be surprised if the conservative nominee for 2020 is Phil Robertson and the duck dynasty. Proper Americans who shoot ducks and wrestle crocs, like most Americans. It seems the macho culture of America that spawned the likes of pretend wrestling and stifler from American pie) are becoming desirable characteristics to American males and anyone who doesn't aspire to these qualities is a snow flake. There is clearly an identity crisis for many conservative males right now. It's a shame. Being happy and confident in your own skin, takes more character than trying to live up to the unattainable false images and roles presented to you in the media and Hollywood. The constant blaming of SJWs and feminists, doesn't do much for the macho image either, Just makes people look incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions and self identification.
edit on 29-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Because real snowflakes are each unique and therefire special, and these people think they are too.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I suppose it's a response to the newfound cuckery of the other-side, eh?

Nice horse by the way.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Star and flag! Even better than usuing degrading terms against fellow posters, maybe they could learn to discuss topics from different angles as well, instead of a one track mind that pounces on each and evey topic...

Imagine the intellectual orgy that would be! But only....
edit on 30-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I always figured it was because snowflake-callers (the thin-skinned/easily offended people who call other people snowflakes) think that "snowflakes" feel they should be treated as special and delicate - like a snowflake. The irony, of course, being that it comes from people who get knee-bucklingly offended about others getting offended.

Ridiculous on all sides, and the behavior of snowflakes and snowflake-callers should be embarrassing to themselves. Unfortunately, both sides are too busy being offended by the other to bother sopping up the mush which was once their spines.

Personally, I guess I'm a snowplow. I can just lower the blade and continue moving forward, even when someone unconnected to me is offended by something. Doesn't phase me, couldn't care less. I feel like snowflake-callers are even more spineless and sissified than the snowflakes they are so offended by.

What a joke. I wonder what percentage of us are blessed enough to be neither.
if i were in a theater, i would start a standing OV for that post! 😃

Well said my friend, well said!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
LesMisanthrope

I also fail to understand the apparent vilification of the term "social justice warrior" is social justice not something we should all inherently strive to achieve? What am I missing?

You have to think about the kind of people using these insults and then it all makes sense.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I've just assumed it was meant as a derogatory way of referencing the idea that each slow flake, like each person, is unique from the others in an attempt to minimize the importance of one persons perspective.

But in general, I think it's just used a way for people wash over a persons arguments or opinions by making them feel inferior, like calling someone a "conspiratard" because they don't trust the government or calling them "sheeple" because they do.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A snowflake is small and delicate. It doesn't take much to upset their subtle form.

When I'm arguing with someone with an unwavering position, whom refuses to consider any other possibility beyond their own preconceived notions I may bid them farewell to carry on their delicate snowflake way. It's not so much an insult as it is an observation. When someone is fixed in their position and unable to see beyond their own narrow perspective I would consider that weak willed.

Weak, like a snowflake...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join