It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New/Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi,
I stumbled across this site while serching the topic of seperation of Church and State. This simply means as does the 1 bill of rights, that the state shall not control the church or dictate which religion, if any, the people choose. Freedom of Religion.
Topic: President and religion-The president is a US citizen and has the right to speak of his faith.
Topic: Shcools and religion-As long as the teachers are not teaching from the bible no law has been broken. Students have a right to Freedom of Religion, to carry a bible with them, to read it at free periods, and the freedom to pray. According to the constitution.
Topic: Nativity scenes in shcool Christmas progams: If your school is having a "Christmas program" and the issue is religion the progam should be banned not the scene. In which case if we ban Christmas from schools we will also have to ban Thanksgiving, and the little ones will not be allowed to color easter bunnies and eggs at Easter in school, this too is a religous holiday. While were at it we'll have to ban Christmas as a national holiday since it is based on religion.
Do we really want to eliminate religion from state and federal forums?
When we choose to listen to every small complaint and impose the consequences on all, we are violating the rights of all, and following the whining dictatiorship of the small.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Im sure you will find a lively debate on the subject already going on in several threads. have fun and u2u me if you have any questions

FredT

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think you are bringing up a valid point cdlea. The Bible is perhaps the most influential book in all of western civilization and I think that neglecting to teach anything from it is locking our present generation from much of the symbolism in literature and art from the past 1500 years. Why don't we bother teaching morality and ethics to children, when they are such an important part of any culture? There is nothing wrong with the Bible if it is not taught to students as the absolute and incontrovertible truth, which of course is in violation of the Bill of Rights. Perhaps we shouldn't be too worried about that fact though, since it is being slowly dissolved by the hidden forces in this country from both the right and the left.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hi cdlea, welcome to ATS. You're right about the freedom of religion. People who want to ban religion love to tote the establishment clause of the first amendment while neglicting to mention the free exercise clause.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Welcome to the great ATS, enjoy your long stay here!

new topics

top topics

join