It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The roots of Vegetarian/vegan stem from ancient native north American/ south American languages.

It is slang for "he who cannot hunt" or perhaps "he who has no brain".

Either definition is acceptable.

If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat! Delicious, tender, beautifully marbled meat!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

If God had created us, why do we need to eat at all?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This headline caught my eye this evening:

Woman Climbs Mt. Everest to prove "vegans can do anything", Dies

We used to have a couple living next to us who were vegans, and so arrogant about it. They had a little boy that was always so pale and sickly looking I got close to sneaking some hamburger into his lunch once when he was over playing with my kids.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seaswine

If God had created us, why do we need to eat at all?

Because God is indifferent about the carnally alive?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't understand why this isn't seen as propaganda, to trivialize valid ethical and lifestyle choices. More importantly, to minimalize the *people* who make alternative choices. I'm surprised at the low level of discourse among rational members here.

Without viewing the "comedy" skit, it's obviously a flawed comparison, as meat carries the stench of death and potential disease, as well as suffering and exploitation on an industrial scale, this is compared to a fresh leafy vegetable? It's an insult to common sense.

I hope my status on ATS is enough to influence a little open mindedness on the subject. Fair disclosure I'm 52 and been vegetarian half my life. I eat mostly junk food. Chinese, Mexican, Italian....all *better* w/o meat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_(book)

en.wikipedia.org...(book)

goodreads.com/book/show/31474.Slaughterhouse

www.goodreads.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The real effect of such a nonsensical counter-intuitive is that; although the skit is apparently intended to ridicule the vegetarian, it actually reinforces the REAL story, being that meat IS GROSS. So, as a propagandist, I welcome the production of such work.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Because despite your views on ethics, vegetarians don't have the right to force their views on others and expect everyone to conform to their version of morality.

The video is more directed at the militant vegetarians than it is ordinary vegetarians. People that do not eat meat for "ethical reasons" or other reasons and don't actively shove their views and expectations down the throats of non-vegetarians are not condemned by most rational people.

I'm not saying people cannot be passionate about their views and recommend that others re-examine their own views and encourage some research on the topic. I think what I am saying is reasonable.

edit on 23/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hi, I eat meat and none of my vegan or vegetarian friends have ever tried to enforce their beliefs about how meat is not good to eat for whatever reasons, unless I ask them about it. I am close to four vegan/vegetarian people.
The only person that ever came off as fanatical to me, was some random guy handing out flyers that seemed to have had too much coffee or some other stimulate.
I admire the choice not to eat animal meat, but it just doesn't gross me out enough to not eat it.
My cat is a big fan of meat... he loves it. I don't agree with people trying to instill veganism or vegetarianism on carnivores, like cats and dogs.... now that is just wrong in my book.

I think the guy in the video is funny and have seen some of his other videos.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That's the thing, animals (carnivores) simply have no moral touchstone to rely upon, and are "faultless".

I believe that I can personally enact a standard that is higher than an animal.

However, I'm not good at feining my feelings....meat is pretty gross.s

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The real effect of such a nonsensical counter-intuitive is that; although the skit is apparently intended to ridicule the vegetarian, it actually reinforces the REAL story, being that meat IS GROSS. So, as a propagandist, I welcome the production of such work.

we must not have watched the same video.

that meat based cucumber substitute looked awfully delicious.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
we must not have watched the same video.

that meat based cucumber substitute looked awfully delicious.

Yeah, I may plant some this weekend. Imagine the tea sandwiches I could make with those? I might actually eat tea sandwiches then.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i hear the best way to cook them is to grill them, then let them sit in some beer for awhile.

Few things are better than beer cukes on the grill.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds like the perfect thing to attempt to verify over the Memorial Day weekend.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I watched a bit of the video, and understand the sarcasm. I'm saying it actually does the opposite, and more or less raises awareness.

Face it though, meat is gross. Do you wash you hands after you hold a bit of raw broccoli in your hands? What about raw beef like in the video, or raw chicken?

Sometimes, the most demonstrative tests are the easiest ones. Confucius tells us that,"the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their true name".

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I just bathed in pig blood.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Okay, Carrie.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Lysergic

Okay, Carrie.

Those villagers kept drinking blood straight from the cows necks, I figured, must taste like chocolate milk, therefor, I shall bathe, but I love bacon.

Maasai style.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

...and what is it you've gained?

Will you also eat it's brains in order to acquire the pig wisdom?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm 100% less likely to be a suicide bomber.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You raging nerds can't even let people choose their own diets without arguing. You're the worst.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join