It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Approves Four Massive Pro-Bernie Sanders Rallies During DNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As this election heats up with HRC declaring herself the Dem nominee and telling Californians their vote doesn't matter. The supporters of Sen Sanders are promising to protest the Dem convention in Philadelphia. This protest all over the internets news site and promises to be big. But it gets even better with a recent announcement that four permits have been issurd to the Sanders protest groups have been issued by the city!

City Approves Four Massive Pro-Bernie Sanders Rallies During DNC

Thousands are expected to attend demonstrations that received city permits Wednesday evening. NBC10 reported hours earlier that an anti-fracking group received the first permit.

Four pro-Bernie Sanders rallies, with estimated attendance of 38,000 activists, have been approved for public demonstrations during the Democratic National Convention in July, the city said Thursday.

The four rallies, given permits Wednesday night, bring the total to five for approved rallies and marches during what is expected to be a bustling week of political activity in Center City and South Philadelphia. The convention officially runs July 25-28, but two of the five approved rallies and marches of more than 7,000 activists will be held July 24 -- the day more than 4,000 delegates arrive from across the country.

source

Sanders Supporters Secure Rally Permit Near Democratic Convention in Philadelphia

Philadelphia has approved four demonstration permits in support of Sen. Bernie Sanders at the July Democratic National Convention — including a large rally planned near the convention’s epicenter.

One of the permits is for an event consisting of four days of all-day rallies at FDR Park in support of Mr. Sanders. The city said it expects 30,000 participants, and organizers said in an interview they hope turnout will be much higher.

The park is adjacent to the Wells Fargo Center, where many of the Democratic National Convention events will be held — raising the possibility of a large demonstration in support of Mr. Sanders just steps away from where delegates will officially select the Democratic nominee. A growing number of Democrats are concerned the convention could turn out to be divisive and disorderly due to activities planned by Sanders supporters.

source

#BernieorBust Democrats plan convention protests

Sanders fans plan rallies near Dem convention

Sen Sanders has shown repeatedly he can bring large crowds of people to his rallies, these protests could be yuuge!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does that mean trump declared himself republican nominee?
She didn't declare it. She's won it. Well almost. She's not saying it yet.

And since when is she not very interested in courting California?
Where did she say their votes don't matter?

edit on 5202016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I'd love to go join them but I'm not sure it's in the cards. I think they'll be okay minus 1 somehow though lol.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There are always protests outside the conventions. It's a given. Happens each and every election. What's new?

They won't be permitted to interfere with a national convention. So what do you imagine this is going to mean?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Where's ISIS when we need them?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Another great thread, AD. Good to see Crooked Hillary being scrutinized from the other side of the aisle as well.

##snip##
edit on Sun May 22 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Philadelphia, huh?

I'll take that under consideration so I know where NOT to take my vacation this summer. I have a feeling the City of Brotherly Love isn't going to live up to its reputation.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Huh? You want ISIS to kill Bernie supporters?

Who do you support, Clinton or Trump or ISIS?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Another great thread, AD. Good to see Crooked Hillary being scrutinized from the other side of the aisle as well.

P.S. Looks like you've been assigned your own personal Hillary Troll.

Just so we're clear who is the troll?

new topics

top topics

join