It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to have a religion that contradicts itself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"This sentence is a lie."
"This sentence is true."

It cannot be determined whether it is true or not until some more information is given.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Raggedyman

How about the failed prophecies. Like how Egypt was supposed to be destroyed by the Babylonians.

Or this one
Isaiah 17:1 “An oracle concerning Damascus: See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.”
FAIL: Damascus is still inhabited today with well over a million people and there was never a time where it ceased to be a city. It is widely known as being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.

madmikesamerica.com...

Sorry Joe I cant help you

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

the internet has been around for a while now so i dont think anyone really believes religion anymore. i think they just keep practicing it for culture and swag and feels, not because they think its objective truth.

i mean theres still lots of people who dont have internet and just watch goats all day they probably need that religion to keep happy.

despite how contradictory and bullshtty religions may be, they did emerge from nature, so there is atleast some merit in that i feel

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not asking for your help? Merely pointing out two of the many failed prophecies in the old book.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SpergLord

I have to disagree profusely with you. There are members on ATS that believe the bible to be completely accurate, flood, burning Bush, plagues, walking on water etc. Many believe that fallen angels had sex with humans as well. There are YouTube channels that state the earth is flat and man has never been to space and they use the tower of Babel story as proof that God would never let man fly in space.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Describe to me any organization, institution or social influence in human history that has at not contradicted itself, in some way, shape or form???

edit on 22-5-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

The thing is that those institutions aren't claiming to be directly infienced by God. If God were so great he could create a bible without contradiction. But he is not.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11and in general

Wow and historically most claim to be directly influenced by God.

Is in and of its self finite existence a contradiction?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join