It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Lawmakers Doing Their Jobs: Vote to Strengthen Our Rights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Missouri Lawmakers Pass Sweeping Gun Rights Expansion.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Missouri lawmakers have passed a sweeping expansion of gun rights in the state, one that would allow people to carry concealed guns without requiring permits and widen their right to stand and fight against perceived threats.

Under the measure, most people would be able to carry concealed guns, even if they have not completed the training currently required to obtain a permit.

The legislation would also expand the state’s “castle doctrine” by allowing invited guests, such as babysitters, to use deadly force against intruders. It would also create a “stand your ground” right, meaning people would not have to retreat from danger in any place they are legally entitled to be present.

The primary role of our government is to protect our rights.

Some of them finally got it right.

Which is why its more important that people take interest in local politics. Local politicians actually have a greater affect on our lives.

edit on 17-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Some of them finally got it right.

I disagree slightly...

Under the measure, most people would be able to carry concealed guns, even if they have not completed the training currently required to obtain a permit.

No complete training, no gun.

Don't need wide eyed vigilantes who couldn't hit a barn door.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A big win for responsible gun owners!!! I was surprised by this part " The legislation would also expand the state’s “castle doctrine” by allowing invited guests, such as babysitters, to use deadly force against intruders. " I would have thought someone under those circumstances would already have been within their right to use deadly force against intruders.. maybe this is just an "added" protection for such instances?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
One of the things I laugh the most at in politics, is when after a mass shooting. the anti-gun followers always parrot the, "*Squawk* gun safety - need more training *Squawk*"

So they the crazy mass killers to be better shots?

The other follow up question, "So we should teach gun safety in schools"

As their faces turn white, "**Squawk* That's crazy *Squawk*"

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have to wonder if the President is going to have anything to say about this?

Good for you Missouri!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
One of the things I laugh the most at in politics, is when after a mass shooting. the anti-gun followers always parrot the, "*Squawk* gun safety - need more training *Squawk*"

So they the crazy mass killers to be better shots?

The other follow up question, "So we should teach gun safety in schools"

As their faces turn white, "**Squawk* That's crazy *Squawk*"

You sound so logical, sane and sensible, it's a relief that people such as yourself are on the side of moar gunz for everyone.

DON'T SHOOT, I was only stating an opinion.

*backs away slowly, no squawking*

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Missouri is going to become the Wild West, which is what the average gun proponent seems to want to return to.
Lets see how this works out for the people in the state in the coming years.

Here, I'll make a prediction...

It doesn't matter whether people are "responsible gun owners" or not, more guns in the hands of irrational people who are perpetually terrified of the imaginary bogeyman around every damn corner will mean more and more deaths at the hands of said guns.

More kids of incapable parents will be picking up that gun in the house and shooting their baby brother or sister.

More neighbours will be grabbing their gun to "stand their ground" over the neighbours dog taking a dump on their grass.

More people will be shot to death by police for "standing their ground" when being pulled over for a routine traffic violation.

More students will be murdered in their classrooms by a fellow student who lost his sh*t, went home and grabbed his dads AR15.

No, I'm not a psychic, I'm just stating the damn obvious that you cannot call yourself a "responsible gun owner" while promoting the notion that everyone should have the right to carry a deadly weapon wherever they go, all because they're pu**ies terrified of everything around them.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt
DON'T SHOOT, I was only stating an opinion.

Careful now, having a different opinion might lead to someone "standing their ground", because y'know, religion and sh*t.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I agree in principle, but...no requirement for basic training?

Not sure that's a great idea.

At the least i would have thought even a day's compulsory basic training, safety instruction would have been a good idea, even if the training costs were subsidised by the state.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ten other states already have constitutional carry. They haven't turned into the wild west and blood is not running in the streets. Quit being a parrot and thinking you know everything. Research is your friend.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

People think that because someone isn't trained by the state that they aren't trained at all. I don't think this will suddenly increase the amount of people who are untrained handling firearms.

Since this is for concealed carry. Open carry was already legal.

I shouldn't need to pay out of pocket for the state to tell me it's ok to exercise my right.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wonder if MO will get rid of the heritage card? The Hunter education course you have to complete to purchase hunting licences?

Woohoo Ak-47s for everyone!!!!!
edit on 17-5-2016 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

States still seem capable of making the correct choices for their people unlike the Federal Government. It is good to see people having rights protected and affirmed. Good for them.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Woohoo Ak-47s for everyone!!!!!

As long as they aren't fully automatic what difference does it make what kind of rifle someone wants to own? A caliber and style is a personal choice and should be protected by the law. The functionality of a weapon doesn't have anything to do with how scary it looks.

top topics

join