It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you're an unhappy lover? Read this topic.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As in topic. If you think you're a really, really unhappy lover, think again.

In my short 16-year life, I've liked many beautiful girls, I've fallen in love with some of them, and I completely failed to convince any of them to be together with me. One of these failures made me so unhappy that I even got sick for a few days (about 4-5) once.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
meh, i got an ulcer over one before. its no biggy, heh your only 16you have plenty of time.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well at 16 i would not worry about it too much just yet,

Just date for a while get to know what quilitys you like in a girl, learn to be friends first then lovers 2nd, it should all come quite natural in the end,

You where sick for a few days lol! gosh theres alot more of that to come

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
at the end of my 16th year i became a bitter, idiotic retard. But i also became more outgoing when it comes to girls and experianced a lot of closeness as im 17 now. But im just about 18 and while being 17 is fun, im also a manic depressive and the last girl threw me into fits of depression on more than one occasion, its really pitiful to see that you have cried quite a few nights over something that was never going to happen and something that was nothing more than you fooling yourself.

But i wouldnt give any of it up for the world. god i love experiance.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The important thing is that until a few weeks ago, I've been in love with a particular girl I knew from school; a love that has lasted for 3 and a half year. During that time, I completely failed to convince her that I deserve her love, though I tried to do what asala suggested above.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
16?
Still a puppy.
Yeah, its a smart crack,
But you have no idea of whats to come
You might be lucky
Chances are
You will learn the Fine Art of Hating Everybody
Its what Settling For Someone
Is all about

Happy Valentines Day in advance

N

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
The important thing is that until a few weeks ago, I've been in love with a particular girl I knew from school; a love that has lasted for 3 and a half year. During that time, I completely failed to convince her that I deserve her love, though I tried to do what asala suggested above.

Well some people might say that it gets worse from here on out (which is true), the only advice i can give is "if you have to convince someone to love you, It's not worth it"

My heart breaks include everything from "your not My race and my family wont accept you, and my family comes first, I'm sorry ger..... bla,bla,bla" to "you had your chance , I love you but your not a good person, Goodbye(okay i deserved that one)" Dont' sweat love, i know heartbreak hurts, I know the burns and coldness of it. I know the feeling of your soul shattering, but don't ever let anyone tell you your not good enough, You are who you are,and as long as your not Too much of an A-hole, you will always find a great person to be with. Have fun and enjoy yourself, And do yourself a favor and try to get a handle on your feelings before you get swept away by them.

Love is a strong word, and i don't doubt that you can love someone at your age with all of it. It's just that you will learn(or have already)that Even if you think this person is great or perfect, they might not be right for the love you have to offer! and vise versa to be honest.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
sick for a few days...

wow, when I lost my first love... I was sick for a couple of months... seriously, I barely ate, couldn't sleep, was mean and grouchy.... I got physically sick from not eating.. my parents had to threaten and make me eat...

it was bad... all better now though... I'm all grown up and have found the new and hopefully last love of my life... My Jen.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi atheix!
dont worry about the old relationship thingy too much just yet.....and a couple of heartbreaks isnt so much of a bad thing....it sets you up better for when you meet some who's nice and compatible with you!
if i could offer you some free advice from a seasoned veteran and ladys man (optimus bigs himself right up!!).....dont go looking for it......be yourself and enjoy having a full and varied life....take control of your destiny and be happy.....thats attractive!....never waste time thinking about things that could have been?.....theres no point!

loves a tricky little number that happens when you least expect it!

(like the other day i saw the new Ferrari 360 and thought 'oh my god...im in love'........lol)

love is when imagination conquers intelligence!

you'll be fine!

laters dude.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
at 16 I had yet to have a girl kiss me, or even want to form a relationship

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
One of these failures made me so unhappy that I even got sick for a few days (about 4-5) once.

Wait till they take half of everything you own....LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
No offense, but since you are only 16, you have not been in love for 3-1/2 years. With the exception of relatives, you do not know what love is. I don't meen to be rude, but you have a lot to learn as you grow older.

Everyone of us thought we were in love at that age. The fact is, you haven't lived long enough to know what to live for. You may think you are in love, but your are not. Don't worry. Your time will come. Five years from now you will look back upon this time and be grateful that your "love" was not reciprocated.

Enjoy this time of being free. While I love my wife and kids, there are still days when I long for the days of not having a care in the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Wait till they take half of everything you own....LOL

lol,lol,lol.......your damn right!

Enjoy this time of being free. While I love my wife and kids, there are still days when I long for the days of not having a care in the world.

never was a truer statement!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Age really has nothing to do with it. Experience does. I'm turning 19 this year and I have yet to have even a hint of what love is.

Even more sad? I have no girls whatsoever in my life. It's gotten to the point girls are completely alien to me. So when I'm in a social situation with girls, I'm like

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All of you people forgot that the purpose of this topic was NOT asking anybody for advice - I don't need it, I'm 16 year old and I've already experienced enough concerning the sort of thing mentioned by me in this topic.

16?
Still a puppy.
Rubbish. I'm no kid, at least at life-knowing, and I even behave more maturely than other people at my age.
Anyway, I think I strongly exaggerated, those were in fact only a few females, though it all has lasted for very long.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
lol...
19: first kiss
21: had sex
21.5: fell in love
21,5: tried the same sex and a whole host of crazy stuff, lol...

Now just waiting for someone to bother to ask me at 23. Don't care about love.....if I can tolerate them for life, I will be faithful and supportive....likely to fall in love afterwards, anyway.

plus sex gives you that "in love" feel for about a week

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You are still discovering your hormones and feelings at this age. Go easy. Perhaps you are trying too hard and scare off your potential loves. As age progresses, yuo will understand that love is not just all swett nothings and good feelings. It's all about finding someone who will have a relationship with you based on mutual respect and compromise (and of course, great, great sex !!)

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
lol...
19: first kiss
21: had sex
21.5: fell in love
21,5: tried the same sex and a whole host of crazy stuff, lol...

You had your first kiss at 19?! In my region, young people usually have their first kiss at about 13-14. And first sex at about 18-19 (far as I know, but sex at about 17 seems to become an increasingly common thing in my region and I think not only here).
The purpose of this topic was to show people who thin they're unhappy lovers who/what REALLY an unhappy lover is. Should I write more about my last love? The one that has lasted for over 3 years?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm turning 19 this year an I still haven't had my first kiss yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I'm turning 19 this year an I still haven't had my first kiss yet.

Too bad I couldn't fix that.

Seems like every person but the first I've had to TEACH how to kiss. lmao.

Anywho, I've loved someone for a year and a half...scratch that, 2 years, but he's not good for me at all. More to life than that type of love.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join