It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just bought my own house

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's terrific news! I'm very happy for you .
Congratulations.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Congrats congrats!!

And sounds like an awsome spread too.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
After years of living in stinkholes, I got my own place. Built in 1914, lots of charm but without hvac and a dishwasher. Time to go to work I guess
3.5 acres with a pond. Couldn't be happier

Funtastic, excellent. its a big achievement and congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy it indefinitely. i still remember how I felt when I brought my house and it felt wonderful.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Congratulations! How very exciting and a pond too!!!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xvagrantx
HA, and brotherman is right about those wifey's. It's been a paint fest. LOL

Im telling you them wimmins have a mind of their own, who would have thought

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Congrats! My family and I just bought one as well. it's something I never thought would be possible, but it turns out if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yes!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

No unfortunately, only 30 more years to go

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So what style is it? Post some pics.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It already has a fireplace and a woodstove. I'm looking at getting a ductless mini-split for cooling.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pics are on my tablet which I'm not on right now. Basically a ranch style that has been built on to. 2300 sq ft., one level. The previous owners used one half as a beauty salon and they left the barber chair plus all that that comes with a salon!!! I've always wanted a barber chair just cuz they're cool

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

My house was built the same year. I bought it in 91 and we finished paying it off in November last year.

Congrats.
Hope the elect and plumbing are new. We've had a lot of issues.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Right? Marriage is great. All that love. Kids add an amazing dimension to life but nothing makes you feel like a grown up like taking on thirty years of debt. Lol.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
My house was built the same year.

My house was built 50 years before America became independent. I live on 3/4 acre in rural Wiltshire, England. Have a pond too. Pay my mortgage off in seven years and I'll be free!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's wonderful. I did too, and the mortgage is less than I was paying for rent.
Love the pond! Make sure it has frogs so you won't get skeeters!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know just how you feel.
I spent thirty years of my working life living in one single room after another.
When my parents died and their house was sold, I was able to buy this one with my half of the proceeds.
Life is no longer claustrophobic. There is storage space. No loudspeakers on the other side of a thin wall. I can't be evicted because "the landord wants to sell the house", or some other reason.
After growing up in the country and living in London for twenty years, I can sit in my garden during the day and hear the birds, or I can stand there at midnight and trace the constellations.
Fruit trees grow (vegetables don't, but you can't have everything).
This is the kind of pleasure you can enjoy more if you've had to wait for it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xvagrantx
a reply to: Onesmartdog

AHAHAHAHA I wish! I did make sure my mini fridge in the garage was full. Does that count?

Absolutly ! It's a start.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You live in a building that's been in existence since 1726 ??? Must be stone. Is it cold? Low ceilings? I've been in homes almost that old here too. At preservation sites. Bethpage long island. Williamsburg Virginia.

I have a pond too. It's plastic and about 3ft X6ft. It has a little waterfall and rocks and pretty flowers planted around it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I hear you. My garden was well over 80 years old with established trees and shrubs when we moved in twenty five years ago. I've had to thin it out over the years. I've turned 100 year old boxwood into topiaries. I've taken giant pines down and planted other trees. At the end of the day I walk around the yard looking at it all and there is peace in that. .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join