It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Unemployed man Dies working for his Dole Money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Do away with taxes and i would support work for welfare schemes, and work for healthcare schemes, but all the while there are government benefit / health insurances schemes that are compulsory and have to be paid into at a high percentage of earnings, i will not.

How would most feel if they took out car insurance, had an accident and was told their vehicle would be repaired only if they themselves repaired it?

Paying into a welfare / benefits insurance scheme, only to be told your can have the benefits you have been paying the insurace to cover, but only if you work for them when you need them is tantamount to welching on the insurance and therefore insurance fraud, in these cases government sanctioned insurance fraud.

Besides, for every unemployed person working for the benefits they've already paid for is taking a paid job away from someone else...creating more unemployment...basically a slavery / indentured servitude situation.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wait ... you mean no one ever dies working in their standard jobs?

Which do you object to more: the realization that people can and do die at work or that people feel that the able-bodied ought to work for what they receive from the state?

Totally missed the point.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
um so a kid made a mistake and died at work. ohhhk. so what? and you are mad that his family wont get paid as much than others? like what even? ohh no, only a quarter million dollars. how outrageous.

Totally missed the point

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Exactly its totally asinine.

This is more liberal logic at play.

It's not so called "liberals" that demand people work for their welfare. It's the right wingers who don't understand the role of welfare that demand this.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
]

Why should anyone die going to work.

Its called LIFE!

# happens people die.

What would you do wrap everyone up in bubble wrap?

Abolish all jobs that cant be done in the safety of a padded room?

Totally missed the point

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

True.
But no-one should go to work and not come home, pretty simple really.

Simple reality is that people die all the time, everyday, people die.

Not all die in bed at a ripe old age.

Any young person whether on the job or not, dying before they've really lived a full adult life is sad.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The point is that ALL lives have equal value, whether you're working or unable to find work, whether you have a penny in your pocket or a Billion quid in the bank...a life is worth the same as any other.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Do away with taxes and i would support work for welfare schemes, and work for healthcare schemes, but all the while there are government benefit / health insurances schemes that are compulsory and have to be paid into at a high percentage of earnings, i will not.

How would most feel if they took out car insurance, had an accident and was told their vehicle would be repaired only if they themselves repaired it?

Paying into a welfare / benefits insurance scheme, only to be told your can have the benefits you have been paying the insurace to cover, but only if you work for them when you need them is tantamount to welching on the insurance and therefore insurance fraud, in these cases government sanctioned insurance fraud.

Besides, for every unemployed person working for the benefits they've already paid for is taking a paid job away from someone else...creating more unemployment...basically a slavery / indentured servitude situation.

I'm in full agreement.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

True.

Any young person whether on the job or not, dying before they've really lived a full adult life is sad.

I'm pretty sure everything wouldn't be as black and white and a "simple reality" to you if it was your child who was first exploited then killed.

If it was any of my kids i certainly would not be thinking...oh well, # happens.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It is believed that the tractor that was pulling the trailer Josh was balanced on slipped a gear and jolted before hitting a bump, causing him to fall.

Yeah, That's what Tractors do. They just slip a gear. no-one was to blame...just the tractor.....and the bump.

Bull#.

Perversely, Josh’s family has been forced to set up an online fundraising page to pay for his funeral, due to restrictions in the Work For The Dole scheme’s insurance coverage.

Disgraceful.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: SLAYER69

True.

I'm pretty sure everything wouldn't be as black and white and a "simple reality" to you if it was your child who was first exploited then killed.

If it was any of my kids i certainly would not be thinking...oh well, # happens.
you call that bias

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

yeah well someone with no experience is not equal to someone with a year experience. no one is entitled to anything. if you are a man you work for your place in the world. if you have to take a job that doesnt pay well and kicks your ass you do it and you dont bitch about it. and if you dont move up then thats your fault.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

i guess i did. can you help me out here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join