It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ employees donate $75,000 to Hillary, agency that supposed to work with FBI

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What he said...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
holy hysterical nonsense batman

DOJ employess are free to contribute to whomever they please

lol

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Federal employees are allowed to donate to any partisan political campaign they want to. They can't solicit campaign contributions from others (Hatch Act violation) but they can choose to donate.

As for this particular matter, you are making the assumption that any of these DOJ employees are somehow involved in the never ending Clinton email investigation. Odds are, the vast majority of DOJ employees, whether they contributed to the Clinton campaign or not, have zero involvement in that matter.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That seems like a witch hunt to me. As citizens they should be able to support whoever they want without fear of retribution from the government such as investigations.

Donations are considered free speech investigating those who make those contributions would violate the their first amendment rights.

So I ask you do you think their freedom of speech rights should be violated?

Prior to the enacting of the Hatch Act, Federal employees could do little more than vote. However we have more freedom in the political process now. We can contribute to any campaign we want to, but we can't solicit funds for any campaign. The Hatch Act covers everything from bumper stickers to yard signs as far as what is or isn't in violation. For example, it's perfectly fine for me to say "I support Trump for Pres" (example only) and have a yard sign saying as much. I cannot wear a campaign button at work, display a campaign poster or photo for someone running for office, or use a screen saver of that nature (at work or on federally owned property).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join