It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine gets Trailer and Release Date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From what the most excellent CD Projekt Red have said about the Blood and Wine expansion it seems to me like it''s The Witcher 3.5 with a whole new landmass and storey to dig down in to.
The expansion is a 30+ hour adventure and takes place in an area much different to the war ridden Novigrad , a place we can explore on 31 May, 2016 ... just 3 weeks !

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Looks awesome. Question. Would you recommend playing from the Witcher 1 up to this? Do the stories connect? I know the games are based on the books(I'm not sure how much though) so I just wanted to know. I have the first one on Steam, but never really got around to it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
*sigh*

I have Witcher 2 in my comp, and I've gotten started on it, but I just can't get into it. It's not the gameplay ... it's ... I don't know.
edit on 10-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

TBH I didn't play the first game , it had too many problems at launch and by the time it was patched I'd lost interest , the second game was my introduction to the series and I thought it was great , hard but great.

I don't think need to play the previous games as The Witcher 3 doesn't really feature many of the previews game's supporting characters and is mainly about Geralt and his quest.

If you like 3rd person RPG's with deep storytelling , great graphics and gameplay I would highly recommended playing The Witcher 3.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
With the first one I like the potion making mechanic, though combat not so much. I remember the Hound was pretty tough. Some quests of "Kill this many of this monster" weren't too fun. I think I'll try to get into the series. First with number one, but I'll try the second one if it doesn't appeal to me. I would like to play a game with a deep story so it sounds good. Thanks for the answer.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seems as though they want to do the oppoite of COD and release large expansions that appear to be quality to a pre existing game at a lower price. Seems like a good business plan versus repacking the same game every year at $60 to $80 a pop (yeah I got my eye on you infinite)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Geeeeze! I finished the game, but only 68% on trophies still! Not ready for another expansion

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

That gives you the opportunity to get it in 6 or 12 months time at a bargain price.

If you finished it them you must have been into it , from what I've read it's looking like an essential addition to the main game.

I got the not so good ending.

edit on 11-5-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Dam I still have not even beat the main game. But hey! Will pick up were I left off one day. Its a good thing to, just one shot and go through the main game story and the expansions as well.

Never liked waiting around for DLC's, but thats a pretty hefty expansion at 30+ hours, that plus the what main game 60+ hours of which I only got 20 something into, and then the other hearts of stone DLC.

Dam! Don't know If I have the patience for that now a days. Never thought I would say this, but these games are to dam long, they need to make them shorter, you know less dragging on and more Wam! Bam! done! thank you mam.

They better add more magical swords, can never have to many cool looking swords in games.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This stuff looks really awesome, I have to say

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
CD Projekt Red say goodbye to Geralt in style with review scores coming in for Blood and Wine looking very positive.

Blood and Wine ends the saga of Geralt of Rivia in style, bringing with it a tale of charming vampires and troublesome friendship set in a stunning new landscape that departs from the bleakness we've known until now. The expansion also brings some welcome gameplay enhancements, including mutations, the ability to dye armor, and a vineyard for growing herbs. Most of all, it leaves Geralt in a good place
uk.ign.com...

www.metacritic.com...

Never doubted them , looking forward to checking out Toussaint next week.

edit on 25-5-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Today's the day , Toussaint awaits.

join