It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect Yourself From Negative People--Even From Yourself! {immune system}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Yup that's probably why there are people to help with that.

I've been guilty of giving myself personal bouts of controlled negativity sometimes. Refreshes the perspective and helps with seeing the numerous poles of what it means to be a human. Not to mention the understanding that can come with it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

And people who have serious and chronic auto immune diseases are just overly angry and negative?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I'm not saying that.

I think that's a complex picture that probably includes parents; rearing; current life circumstances; genetics; pollution; diet; etc. etc. etc.

I think this is an important part of the picture for many people.

I don't know what the experts would say about the cases you cite.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote
a reply to: Inarismessenger

Basically she (a social psychologist) proposes that how you carry yourself (posture and open body stance) changes not only how you are perceived by others but also how you yourself react to situations and people around you -- my perception and agreement is that we hold ourselves and our power -- it is a conscious act that becomes automatic with practice.

The first thing they do to you in the Army, besides yell at you, is teach you to walk like a soldier - or as they put it... Walk with a purpose. Meaning you have a place to go, so get stepping, walking straight, tall, and true.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thank you for a well worded, professional, positive thread.

edit on 10-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I think that's a complex picture that probably includes parents; rearing; current life circumstances; genetics; pollution; diet; etc. etc. etc.

This is pretty much a standard for just about everything that one can experience in simply being alive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join