It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders leaves door open to being Clinton's VP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why all this speculation? Sanders is a politician, and he took money from Hillary in the past, so I'd say he sold out back in 2006.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

So you think suddenly, Sen Sanders is a war hawk, has become a corporate politician and a habitual liar?

If not, then Sanders is obviously, not the same as Hilley.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Poor Sander's supporters, they are about to run to their safezone, but never leave! its going to be a cold ice slap if Sanders does that, but its also a good lesson, no politician is serious.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Oh I don't think that.
Sorry if my post did not come with the sarcasm with which it was intended.
My post was in reply to the post I was replying to.

ETA: I actually think that Sanders means well, although his policies scare me. I think he is misguided, but not a bad person.
Hillary is evil, in my opinion.
Which is why I do not think it makes sense that he would be her VP.
edit on 5/7/16 by BlueAjah

because: (ETA)

edit on 5/7/16 by BlueAjah because: punctuation

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MrSpad

So much for the claims that Sanders is anti-establishment.
You pretty much say he is the same as Hillary?
And if he becomes the VP, then he is the same as Hillary.

He is about as anti Establishment as Trump which is to say not at all. They have some different ideas but, over all they fall in line with their political parties. Trumps politics have long been inline with Clinton's. He had to change some of those to become a Republican just as Sanders had to change to become a Dem. Neither of them agree 100% with their parties but, then nobody does. You do not join the GOP or DNC if your anti establishment. People just use that term as a buzzword for people because it sounds good. Trump is rich business man with a long history of supporting the establishment and Sanders has been in the House and the Senate a rarely done anything that showed he wanted to bring the system down. Cruz tried that anti establishment nonsense as well.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Aw sarcasm, sometimes it's hard to denote sarcasm from typed comments.

My apologies for my doltish response.

Have a great day!

AD

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I do not believe it would be a "sell-out" position for a couple of reasons.

The vice-president really does not have much to do with the presidency. While the vice-president becomes the President of the Senate, he/she has no vote unless there is a tie in the Senate. Aside from that, the vice-president does not really have any power other then being the first in presidential succession.

If Hillary wins the election, she will still have legal issues that could come back to bite her. If she were removed from office, Sanders would become President. There is also the issue of the amount of hate and radicalism that is arising in the country, which leads me to believe that assassination is a real threat to a Hillary Clinton administration. I am not advocating such an action in any way, I just see it as a higher then normal possibility.

Because of his age, Sanders is not going to be able to run in 8 years when his next realistic chance comes again, the vice presidency may be his only chance at the presidency.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Are you in complete denial everything that's been happening for the last six months?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
June 7, 2016

With Hillary now clinching the Democrat Nomination for President, Bernie Sanders is planning to layoff a big portion of his staff. In preparation for being named Hillary's running mate???

Sander's campaign to begin major downsizing: www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Would his mum approve of him hanging with that kind of crowd.....I dunno 'bout this

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

I agree except for one thing. He'd have more actual power if he stayed as a Senator than if he becomes a Vice President. Vice Presidents might be the most marginalized political position in our country.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I agree except for one thing. He'd have more actual power if he stayed as a Senator than if he becomes a Vice President. Vice Presidents might be the most marginalized political position in our country.

I wonder if Vice President Biden wants to become Senator Biden again? Maybe HE will be Hillary's running mate.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I wonder if Vice President Biden wants to become Senator Biden again? Maybe HE will be Hillary's running mate.

Uhh, I have no idea what that man is thinking. But at least as a Senator, he can introduce legislation; confirm, reject, or filibuster nominees; add amendments to any bill that reaches the Senate floor; be a member of Senate committees; filibuster any legislation he doesn't like; etc. All he can do as a VP is cast a tie-breaking vote in the Senate if a vote is evenly split and wait to serve as President if something happens to the President.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Uhh, I have no idea what that man is thinking. But at least as a Senator, he can introduce legislation; confirm, reject, or filibuster nominees; add amendments to any bill that reaches the Senate floor; be a member of Senate committees; filibuster any legislation he doesn't like; etc. All he can do as a VP is cast a tie-breaking vote in the Senate if a vote is evenly split and wait to serve as President if something happens to the President.

Senator Biden is vibrant, energetic and sharp. Both he and Trump are the same age. I would have LOVED for Joe Biden to be the Democratic Nominee. In the debates, he would hit Trump right back...on a personal level if need be. I don't think Hillary will do that.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh I agree. Ironically, I don't feel passionate about him either way, so it would've been easier for me to support him as an alternative to my original choice. But I've disliked Hillary for a loooong time, which is making it nearly impossible to support her.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's interesting that more people actively dislike Hillary than Bill..even though SHE was the victim of his adultery. There seems to be NO sympathy for Hillary as the abused wife.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's interesting that more people actively dislike Hillary than Bill..even though SHE was the victim of his adultery. There seems to be NO sympathy for Hillary as the abused wife.

I don't like Hillary because she's a chronic liar, was one of the architects of the disastrous war in Libya, has quotes on record both for and against nearly every major policy position, and much much more. I don't like Bill either, but that's for completely different reasons. I was going to list some policy reasons but meh.

Needless to say, I don't really care about the adultery angle. It has literally no effect on my life whatsoever. But their constant support for the "War on Drugs" and harsh sentencing laws has hurt far too many people for me to overlook.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join