It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Helicopter Pilot Avoids Terrifying Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

by ABC News Videos 0:39 mins
He was helping a search and rescue team recover a body when his chopper blade caught a safety rope.

From news.yahoo.com

Utah Department of Public safety rescue crew of seven narrowly avoided death and serious injury when the rotor blade catches the rope of the rescuers. The pilot was able to keep control of the craft and set it down safely. While the rescuers took a tumble.
OK, first WOW...
A whole lot had to go right for these guys for no deaths or anything more serious did not happen. The video is almost hard to watch for it is clearly obvious from distance between the rotor tips and the hill side and how they were loading the body that something bad was eminent, then the rope tightens and boom it hits the rope. AT that moment my mind had seen the whole scene shatter and carnage.. but wait?.. NOPE the pilots recovers it and not much was flying apart as my mind expected it to. Scary for the guys on the hill side.
They even show the damaged rotor. Just looking at it surprises me that this helicopter even landed. It it looks like they were all very lucky.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, move as needed and also the video is not Ytube so i have no idea how to embed it.

peace

join