It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Zombies new song = Bad Primus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Ever since White Zombie broke up, Rob Zombies music has been on a steady decline.

Enjoy?...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
been a zombie fan since i was a kid and heard hellilly deluxe for the first time. i enjoy white zombie as much as solo zombie but this new stuff is interesting while it does sound like a straight primus ripoff i imagine its just zombies way of paying homage to les claypool/primus. the video, now that is awesome lol

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Wow that was awful

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That was funny!, but white zombie needs to come back, since they split up he's done a hand full of good songs, but none match white zombie songs, if theres no chance of a return of w-z, maybe he should stick to making films, can't wait for 31 to be released.
All the best.
B. V. Ha reply to: Lysergic

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I thought the video was good, the song is funny. I like it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Although I generally don't care for his music and at this point I only like maybe half to 3/4 of his films, I still find myself intrigued by Rob and his whole schtick. The guy seems to be a creative wellspring and mixes music and horror very well, even if it's not always my flavor.
He seems humble and happy just to be doing his own thing which I envy and respect.
Plus his wife is super hot.

This song is pretty weak imho, although his newest album as a whole is kinda cool there is even an accoustic track?

Thank for sharing and I have heard this song a few times now I didn't make the primus connection ... But you are spot on.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You're right about that sound but Sherri Moon is just as hot as she was 20 years ago!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Word!

My first wife was 9 years older than me. We married when I was 18 at a White Zombie show at The Bomb Factory in Dallas. My band mates and I were wearing Our own Bands long sleeved T-Shirts (I know and have matured lol), that were our logo 454 on a race placard with flames and crossed checkered flags on the front with "We'll "make love" your Daughter printed down the sleeve. Our singer had back stage passes and the guitarist asked to trade him t-shirts so he did. Star struck he didn't mention the wedding going on in the audience.

I have a soft spot for White Zombie, who else can say they got married at their show while their guitarist was wearing your bands t shirt?! Rob Zombie, not so much. I kind of lost touch with his stuff, like I said I matured.

I have a feeling we are going to hear this one edited on the radio A LOT. Sounds like he listened to System of a Down, Primus and The Butthole Surfers and decided to emulate what they have already done. Taking influence I get, copying outright is another thing. Rob had his own thing, and his own sound. I guess we all evolve and desire new flavors from time to time so yeah, there is that. Guess I'm just not feeling it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I like Rob Zombie.

I love Primus.

I'm liking this.

top topics

join