It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Souls III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anyone playing Dark Souls III on any of the platforms though more specifically Xbox One as that is where I am currently.
It's a typical DS game, so if you love a challenge take it in. If you want to just mash buttons and beat things up then it's not the right game for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Playing on PS, but having a blast. I assume you've played the others? How you liking it so far?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I pre-ordered it months ago and my job got so busy I have not sat down to properly play it. I have it on Steam

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Playing it on Steam. Currently lvl 40 Knight. Feels just like DS1 and I'm loving it.

Summoning is so much more intuitive than on the 360 when I played and I've found so many little extras that I am already thinking of new builds to play through the game with.

Usually right around lvl 50 is where I'll grind for awhile to get up to 60-70 and then coast through to the end of the game. (As if you ever really coast through a DS game)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You PC players, how's the game been running? I heard that it was having some issues?

edit on 20/404/1616 by Hazon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazon

I'm playing on max and it's running great. Day 1 it crashed when I got mobbed by about 5 undead at once, but I checked my drivers and I wasn't quite up to date on them. Since updating I haven't had any issues.

To be fair I'm still playing with an Xbox controller, the keyboard mouse set up felt too wonky and I'm familiar with the controller set up from playing DS1 and 2

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazon

I had fps drops on television first week but now runs great
edit on 20-4-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am playing in xbox, started as a deprived, that was a hard start against the first boss with just a club and a plank shield. Now around level 55 doing a dex build. Loving the game so far.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Got it for PS4 on launch day but haven't had much of chance to play it yet. Going to play some tonight. I put 200 into DS1 and 200 hours into DS2 so I'm looking forward to playing. My only disappointment is DS3 don't have as much content as the prior games.
edit on 23-4-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Any tips that anyone has picked up?

Things like the releasing the analog stick when jumping does not follow up your landing with a roll..
Because anyone that has played the Souls games understands the frustration of making a jump and rolling off the cliff.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
New fan here, all because of Bloodborne, took me months to complete that and the DLC for it, and after I finished it I felt empty and sad, nothing on the market of games that have challenged me like Bloodborne did, nor make me feel at awe like it did too, amazing graphics and bosses.

Then I notice a few weeks ago that the developers were the same as Dark Souls, imagine a child that got the toy he wanted at Christmas for so long, that was me.

I'm going backwards too, I've started with Dark Souls 3 just because it's the latest one., and what a ride it has been, finding time to play it is one thing, but finding time to enjoy the scenery and views is another.

My advice to anyone who haven't played these games is, put the COD down for a while, get off EA Sports games, and challenge yourself, these are proper games, they make you feel really good about yourself when you accomplish the challenges they give.

Go on Ashen One, praise the Sun!!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Its a good game, though by now some things are pretty expectant. But so far DS3 has spiced things up to keep it interesting, I like that they incorporated some things from the original Demons Souls. I got the game when it came out, I have yet to beat it, or at least I got pretty much everything there is to get, and beat every boss but the last boss. In fact my last play was months ago and I was at the bonfire before the last fight, was backtracking some to get a few weapons that I may have missed before beating the game. Then I just stooped playing it.

But so far have not picked up the game in months, I could get on the game and beat the last boss, but now I am thinking I will wait for the DLC to come out, and do that, then beat the game. The game is good, but I just dont have the time or inclination to play through it again. This way I could beat the DLC and then the game without going through new game + and likely putting 30 or more plus hours into it, and then try to get to the DLC area. I read a bit about it and basically its a high level area, with some though enemies, some of the regular enemies hit harder and have more life then the bosses in the game, even on your first playthrough you would need to be about the level your at in end game, just to tangle with the enemies there.

Will pick it up again when the DLC drops, and go through with it from there. Though in the past games, especially Demons Souls I played through them, more then a few new game +++. On this one though? I don't have the time for it, one playthrough is good enough for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've heard tons about this franchise but havn't played. Is it more elder scrolls or more diablo?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Probably diablo, or at least in the atmosphere, but it has a bit of both. A blend of both, though I think it has a lot more in common with old school castlevania games then anything else, its like if you took all those games and added a more platform action RPGish type of gamelplay to them.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Excellent. Been looking for something with a challenge and I heard DS is that! I've watched some Let's Plays, and it looked semi-open world with decent combat.

top topics

join