It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Claimed to be Oldest in World Dies at Aged 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Three days ago, what was possibly the world's oldest living dog, died on the Australian farm where she's alleged to have lived a whopping 30 years.

Maggie's owner has lost track of her papers so it's difficult to verify that she was indeed a year older than the current Guiness record holder, an Australian Cattle Dog dog named Bluey who lived to the ripe old age of 29. Even if she will never be the official record holder, I don't doubt that she was indeed an exceedingly old dog and besides, any dog that tolerates 30 cats (and I like cats!) deserves some sort of tribute!

Discovery News - Dog Claimed World's Oldest Dies at 30

An Australian kelpie named Maggie took her last breath April 16, at the ripe old age of 30, according to The Weekly Times Now.

The geriatric sheepdog lived on a dairy farm in Victoria, Australia.

“She just went downhill in two days, and I said yesterday morning when I went home for lunch: ‘She hasn’t got long now,’” Maggie’s owner Brian McLaren told the publication.

According to this report from 7 News Melbourne in November 2015, Maggie spent her time on the farm alongside 30 cats, sleeping roughly half of the day. At the time, she was deaf but otherwise seemed in good health.

“When I come to work every day, I poke her, just to be sure she’s still breathing,” McLaren told the station.

Here's to you old girl!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
She looks so sad in that picture.

Peace to the puppy.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

ALL dogs go to Heaven...

When it gets that time for Me and I start to stack My chips for the "cash out at the end" I think I'll get an Australian Cattle dog. There are a few at the dog park and they seem to be playful. They are in the "Little Dog" section and they chase My Weimaraner Evven #7 and My hermaphroditic Affenpinscher, MagWai, up and down the fence line but when I walk by they immediately sit down and then the Shelties start to chase them. Evidently besides longevity they are known to be very intelligent..

Thanks for the heads up on the sad pic, I'll refrain from viewing as I LOVE dogs more than people but I'm funny that way.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A dog is a mans best friend period.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Great dogs kelpie's, my mates kelpie died last year at 19 and my boy is a kelpie cross he is 14 and going strong......thx for sharing

edit on 19-4-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'll bet she is going to pet centenarian heaven to be with Creme Puff who was recorded to have been 38 years and the same owner had another cat who lived to be around 34.

I think the world's oldest currently living cat is only 26 though.

Dog or cat, a pet who shares our lives for that long truly does deserve something special!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
that dogs face is the epitome of miserable.

"MY GOD!!! Why AM I STILL HERE?!?!?"

new topics

top topics

join