It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Harry the Nazi (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Price Harry has been running the gauntlet in the past few days since he was spotted wearing a swastika and nazi uniform at a party of his friend's in England. while he has given an apology for his costume, there remains a fair amount of outcry concerning the event.

ironicly, a national day remembering the holocaust is occuring on january 27th, which harry is suppose to be a part of.

news.bbc.co.uk
Prince Harry has apologised for wearing a swastika armband to a friend's fancy dress party.
Clarence House issued a statement in response to a photograph published on the front page of the Sun newspaper under the headline, "Harry the Nazi".

It read: "Prince Harry has apologised for any offence or embarrassment he has caused. He realises it was a poor choice of costume."

"It was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to holocaust memorial day on the 27th of this month, which the Royal Family will be taking a leading role in commemorating."

The picture was taken at the weekend at a friend's birthday party in Wiltshire, which had the fancy dress theme "colonial and native".

Prince Harry, 20, appears to be wearing a German desert uniform and a swastika armband. He is also holding a drink and cigarette.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

the main reason this story is interesting to me is the question "what would have happened if bush's daughter had been seen wearing a nazi uniform"? the differences concerning culture is quite interesting. while there are many people still bashing the prince, there is certainly more forgiveness in Britian right now then there would have been for bush and his family if they had pulled the same trick. definitly bad taste for the price.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the fact that it even happened mystifies me(or maybe not).obviously the younger generations just aren't educated enough to know when they are representing a past leader who could have made it quite literally possible for them not to have even been born.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Come on people what are we talking about! He was just at a party were everyone was dressed in a funny way. Does everyone really think that with wearing this outfit we forgot our history, I really don't see the problem. People make jokes all the time about WOII and the jews.

The nerv that Israel had to respond to this, it makes me more angry. Look what they are doing nowadays. As If they are the most wonderfull country in the world, yeh my ass!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It was only fancy dress, at the end of the day if it hadn't been plastered all over the papers the majority of people that find it offensive would have been none the wiser.
No matter what you ever do your always going to be upsetting or offending someone. If he had worn the stupid costume to the memorial day then I could understand the outcry.

People should get a life and worry about real problems and issues. I've got sick and tired of hearing about it as the main headline on the radio and the TV today when there are more important things to be worrying about.

It always brings back a painful memory whenever one of the numersous 'car crash' shows are on the TV, having lost 2 good friends in one 3 years ago. However I don't cry out about it and nor do most of the thousands of other people in the same position. I even still watch them sometimes, why?
Because THINGS HAPPEN and we MOVE ON!

If anyone should apologise it should be the press for making such a big thing of it, if they hadn't published the picture hundreds or thousands of people wouldn't be saddened and distressed by the image of him wearing the uniform because THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN!.

However, I do understand that it must be awful for people to see it now it is all over the media and it was a rather silly time to do it considering the Memorial day and all - but I say again, if the media hadn't done their usual trick noone past the party would ever have seen it or ever have known.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Already posted.

Dont need two of these...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by skippytjc]

top topics

join