It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton - Sanders Debate April 14, 2016

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just finished watching this debate (been rather busy lately)....

and what struck me was how many times Hillary said, "I was there! I did work on that! I did meet with .....! I did it for 25 years!"

Like it was something to be proud of. The problem is: NONE OF WHAT SHE DID solved any of the problems.

There is still too much student debt. There is still no universal health care. There is still campaign finance corruption. There are still banks too big for their breeches *britches, if you prefer*, etc. and so on and so forth and also.....

if she's got all that experience and chances under her belt, why are things not all better? She even got to be secretary of state! And STILL didn't manage to stop the crap in the Middle East. I think she should be more embarrassed at how long she plugged away at it with so few results.

Besides that, she's just bossy, and loud, and has no class. Bernie has got class.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I just finished watching this debate (been rather busy lately)....

and what struck me was how many times Hillary said, "I was there! I did work on that! I did meet with .....! I did it for 25 years!"

Why is that not significant?

She has the experience no other candidate has.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Indeed, she does. It's very significant. She knows many of the world leaders already - she is a global figure. I'm not saying it isn't significant. I was only musing that she didn't get some of the things she tried to do accomplished in her 25 years.....

which is a double-edged issue. She might, as POTUS, have more leverage with Congress, but she still has to persuade them (and we all know how Congress treated Obama - why would they treat her any differently?). She will still be meeting with Heads of State that already know her. Going in with an established "relationship" is sometimes tricky.

That's all I was thinking about.
Maybe it's time to send out some fresh faces to represent us. Sure, they already know her. Saves a lot of time in getting acquainted - but how does it "reset" the global dialogue to a level playing field? Or is that something we would want? Or not?

I just don't like her. I did back when she was First Lady....but now, she just stands there with her superior "smirk" while Bernie talks, and interrupts him as though she's some sort of 'superior' of his. It's irritating. I can just imagine her waltzing in to some other Leader's palace and them all thinking, "Oh god. Here she comes...only now she's President...."

EDIT: And, just for the record, I will not be participating as much in this forum. I've decided not to get all wound up about it. No more rallying or "cyber-stumping" for me.

edit on 4/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Annee

Indeed, she does. It's very significant. She knows many of the world leaders already - she is a global figure. I'm not saying it isn't significant. I was only musing that she didn't get some of the things she tried to do accomplished in her 25 years.....

Thanks. I thought it was a fair question.

Politics really isn't my strong suit.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

She's from Chicago Illinois.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's my opinion that Sanders won this debate.

This democratic contest reminds me of 07 eccept Bernie is getting more votes than Obama. Obama and Bernie both were drawing huge crowds they both have the momentum and the MSM keeps favoring Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join