It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delegate system gives Trump a 22 percent bonus, despite complaint

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well let me see:

Trump has been incredibly successful in business.
He is now running for President
He has won the most states in the race for the GOP nomination by a long way.
He has won the most votes in the race for the GOP nomination by a long way.
He has won the most delegates in the race for the GOP nomination by a long way.

Seems to me that calling him a fool is well, how shall I put this... foolish.

Perhaps it's jealousy that is driving irrational hatred?

One thing is for sure, he will end up with more delegates than any other GOP candidate, more votes and more state wins. In the process, the future of the GOP's chances in the general election will depend on how much the GOP offer him. As a minimum, I suspect he will walk away with the biggest concessions to his business interests that he has ever managed to get from govt should he help a GOP nominee to the presidency.

Like all great business men, I think this will end up as a win / win for Trump and along the way we have the added benefit of the political system being revealed for what it is to millions that were in the dark.

Meanwhile a few internet warriors will continue to froth at the mouth .

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

He is exposing corruption...you are just supporting it with what you say. I think you may close your eyes to your avatar...before bedtime for sweet dreams.

He is the only candidate not bought. If you have not seen that yet you are simply trolling...that's cool also. People with no life need something to do. I am sure you will relax tonight in your NYC condo, a beautiful young wife discussing your day and then you will...oh, thats right. That is Trump, not you. Stop hating and look at the big picture....

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He is exposing corruption...you are just supporting it with what you say. I think you may close your eyes to your avatar...before bedtime for sweet dreams.

He is the only candidate not bought. If you have not seen that yet you are simply trolling...that's cool also. People with no life need something to do. I am sure you will relax tonight in your NYC condo, a beautiful young wife discussing your day and then you will...oh, thats right. That is Trump, not you. Stop hating and look at the big picture....

It's a bit pointless trying to educate the Trump haters. I suspect they are on handouts and are afraid their free money is going to be taken away and they will have to work. It's the only thing I can think of to explain the vitriol.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I do not deny any of the things you listed, but this is an interesting statement:

Not knowing the rules of the game you are about to play before entering the game is foolish. As I said before, Trump has embraced the fools bet.

If you do not know what you are doing before you enter a race/place a bet, you are a fool.

Like all great business men, I think this will end up as a win / win for Trump and along the way we have the added benefit of the political system being revealed for what it is to millions that were in the dark.

Great businessmen never fail? Well, it appears that a fool playing the fool's bet is being supported by fools that will do whatever they can to be the fool's stooge.

Have fun with that.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It's a bit pointless trying to educate the Trump haters. I suspect they are on handouts and are afraid their free money is going to be taken away and they will have to work. It's the only thing I can think of to explain the vitriol.

Of course that is the only thing you can think of. That's the propaganda you swim in.

Doesn't surprise me that the depths are shallow.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I do not deny any of the things you listed, but this is an interesting statement:

Not knowing the rules of the game you are about to play before entering the game is foolish. As I said before, Trump has embraced the fools bet.

If you do not know what you are doing before you enter a race/place a bet, you are a fool.

Great businessmen never fail? Well, it appears that a fool playing the fool's bet is being supported by fools that will do whatever they can to be the fool's stooge.

Have fun with that.

I did have fun with it, thanks!
It's always funny to witness an anti-Trump disciple be forced to admit Trump has a valid complaint, then scramble for cover by talking about rules and hurling out insults at Trump.
It's been a lot of fun

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Of course that is the only thing you can think of. That's the propaganda you swim in.

Doesn't surprise me that the depths are shallow.

I am in the shallow end, you're right... I left you to drown in the deep end. To be fair, you did a good job of treading water for a while, but finally went under when you had to admit Trump was right in his complaint.

edit on 12/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: Metallicus

I could not disagree more. You can't beat a system you're entirely ignorant about.

Well, it could happen, but the ignorance isn't a positive. If he wins, it'll be in spite of his inability to put together a team of pros who know how it all works, and listen to them.

Exactly. What happened in Colorado is indicative of his lack of knowledge on the process. And when he drops the ball big time, he blames Cruz and the process he has agreed to participate in. Hell, like I said earlier, he is benefiting from their rules so far.

22% of what? 743?

What does that equate to in real live delegates?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I don't see a candidate running that can fix the mess we are in (and I mean that globally), but I am hopeful that we're on the verge of stopping this madness and at least create the environment to begin healing it.

Kasich was my guy last August and I'll vote for hm in our state primary in May. I don't think he can fix things by himself, but I think he has the track record and skills that show he can build a coalition to move things in the right direction. I know his chance at the nomination is the longest of longshots, but I'll vote for the guy I want, not the person I think will win.

Had Trump not pulled all the oxygen out of the room early, the likely candidate would've (IMO) been Jeb Bush, which would've been a disaster. The only thing worse than Jeb winning the general would be him losing it to Hillary.

Trump scares the hell out of me, but I'll take his stumbling around for a few months doing the right things wrong over Hillary spending 4 years doing the wrong things right.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hahahaha...this is a warning from trump. You have just not learned yet have you all? Hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars spent and he is still polling over 50% in many of the next primary states. He leads them all.

He is not whining. He is making a point. To make sure that everyone knows exactly what has happened. Then, before the convention, do you think he will not be working on and 'buying' delegates? Of course, it is ok for the Cruz camp but bad old rich Donald better not do it.

He has done this multiple times. Put people on warning. He is not going anywhere. He is all in. He is committed. There is a reason that Rubio held his delegates and it is not to help Cruz.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I never denied that he had a valid complaint. My issue is in how he came across it and how his supporters are twisting the situation for their benefit.

Trump did not expose the problem in any way. We knew this was an issue, well most of us, and when Trump blindly walks in to a situation without being completely prepared, he gets his ass handed to him. Then after he tries to blame someone else for his failures, his supporters come in and act as if he is some hero for exposing that which we already knew. What happened to morality and personal responsibility? Why blame others for his own mistake? That's a sign of a corrupt man.

Of course, you and others, while being arrogant and trying to claim some sort of victory, purposely ignore that and continue to kneel to serve the Donald.

But that's ok. You go ahead and claim victory. While you bask in your glory, those of us that actually know what's going on will continue to watch the fools stumble around some more.

We only have to wait a bit longer until Trump has another inevitable gaffe that will give us more light-hearted entertainment.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He is not whining. He is making a point.

He's whining. The proof to that is in how he tried to blame Cruz for his own failures. He is sending a message, and that message is that he is not as informed and prepared as he should be and lacks the integrity to be a man about his own mistakes.

You are doing it as well. You're making excuses for your man, Trump.

It's very telling, these conversations. It shows us who among is us morally bankrupt and who's cognitive dissonance is stronger than their intellectual will.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: Metallicus

I could not disagree more. You can't beat a system you're entirely ignorant about.

Well, it could happen, but the ignorance isn't a positive. If he wins, it'll be in spite of his inability to put together a team of pros who know how it all works, and listen to them.

Exactly. What happened in Colorado is indicative of his lack of knowledge on the process. And when he drops the ball big time, he blames Cruz and the process he has agreed to participate in. Hell, like I said earlier, he is benefiting from their rules so far.

22% of what? 743?

What does that equate to in real live delegates?

Read the article in the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A letter from the Colorado GOP head to an angry Republican voter

Thank you for your note. Go ahead and burn the party down if that is what it takes to put this country on the right track then I am open to anything. What happened over the weekend was simple and had no manipulation or underhanded process in it.The Cruz campaign worked harder than anyone else over a longer period of time, using the process that we have to create a victory for him. He came to Colorado, and was the only candidate who did, gave a great speech and won. I would have been perfectly okay with the result being for Mr. Trump had he and his team done the same thing. I will support whoever wins without hesitation but blaming other people when you don’t get what you want is only relevant if you did the work honestly and someone manipulated the process. That didn’t happen here. I think people are upset right now because they either don’t like the process or don’t understand it. I am one of the people who doesn’t like it. It’s complicated and many don’t understand why we don’t just have a national primary across all 50 states in about June, pick the winner and go after the democrats in the general election. There are complications to that as well but it comes down to states rights on how we pick candidate. We should have a presidential primary here but the legislature eliminated it in 2002 because it costs to much and that is a limited government move. Up until this year no one cared. We will put a presidential primary back into our law before this year is over. Lastly, the one thing I do not get from the Trump supporters who are mad at me right now is why so many believe he isn’t going to win. I think Mr. Trump has woken America up and we should be thankful for that. But why do you think he isn’t going to win. He has a big lead, the easiest path to the nomination, a lead in critical states like NY and California etc. Channel you energy into getting your guy elected and in the end if really manipulation happens I will be there to light the match for you. Steve

I think this is a fairly honest response and should go a long way to calming this down.
The most important thing is that the pressure seems to have worked - with the statement that a Primary will be back on the table in Colorado. The people of Colorado have Mr Trump to thank.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, a good letter. This was the most important part:

The Cruz campaign worked harder than anyone else over a longer period of time, using the process that we have to create a victory for him. He came to Colorado, and was the only candidate who did, gave a great speech and won. I would have been perfectly okay with the result being for Mr. Trump had he and his team done the same thing. I will support whoever wins without hesitation but blaming other people when you don’t get what you want is only relevant if you did the work honestly and someone manipulated the process. That didn’t happen here. I think people are upset right now because they either don’t like the process or don’t understand it.

That is exactly what I have been saying.

Trump didn't expose anything, except to those that were ignorant in the first place. So we should thank Trump for being the hero of fools and exposing part of the process they should have been privy to from the start.

He also points out that Trump and his supporters should not be blaming anyone for their own ignorance. That is dishonest and lacks integrity.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to have some confirmation that people within the GOP can see the obvious.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes, a good letter. This was the most important part:

The Cruz campaign worked harder than anyone else over a longer period of time, using the process that we have to create a victory for him. He came to Colorado, and was the only candidate who did, gave a great speech and won. I would have been perfectly okay with the result being for Mr. Trump had he and his team done the same thing. I will support whoever wins without hesitation but blaming other people when you don’t get what you want is only relevant if you did the work honestly and someone manipulated the process. That didn’t happen here. I think people are upset right now because they either don’t like the process or don’t understand it.

That is exactly what I have been saying.

Trump didn't expose anything, except to those that were ignorant in the first place. So we should thank Trump for being the hero of fools and exposing part of the process they should have been privy to from the start.

He also points out that Trump and his supporters should not be blaming anyone for their own ignorance. That is dishonest and lacks integrity.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to have some confirmation that people within the GOP can see the obvious.

I posted the letter in full as I think it important to get the full text - some are more honest that other it seems

For 14 years Colorado has been without a Primary. Trump seems to have answered the prayers of the Colorado people in just a few days and they may well be back on track next time around.

Do you now see what can be accomplished if you speak out instead of going home and hiding?!

Bravo Donald J Trump

edit on 12/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I posted the letter in full as I think it important to get the full text - some are more honest that other it seems

Indeed. Some are not honest enough to simply digest the idea that what I have been saying all along has been mirrored by content you posted. Quite sad, really.

Do you now see what can be accomplished if you speak out instead of going home and hiding?! Bravo Donald J Trump

Yes, Bravo! Way to shine a light on an issue by blaming others and being completely ignorant.

I'm actually beginning to like Trump. It doesn't require thought, personal responsibility or integrity to be a supporter. All you have to do is show blind devotion and you're all set.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Indeed. Some are not honest enough to simply digest the idea that what I have been saying all along has been mirrored by content you posted. Quite sad, really.

Do you now see what can be accomplished if you speak out instead of going home and hiding?! Bravo Donald J Trump

Yes, Bravo! Way to shine a light on an issue by blaming others and being completely ignorant.

I'm actually beginning to like Trump. It doesn't require thought, personal responsibility or integrity to be a supporter. All you have to do is show blind devotion and you're all set.

If you read my posts in this thread you will find I don't disagree that Trump didn't know the rules. Under the current rules that is no doubt why he lost 34-0 in delegates. You're arguing with yourself on that one. It's a pure deflection of the real issue, that the people of Colorado did not get to vote for their preferred candidate.

The only point I am debating is that the rules are wrong and to change rules you have to stand up and call for change. Trump has done this and regardless of what you think of his method, it looks like he is going to be successful.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Fair enough.

The real issue, and the topic of the OP, was that despite Trump complaining about the system in Colorado, he is actually benefiting from the rules of the GOP nomination process.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Fair enough.

The real issue, and the topic of the OP, was that despite Trump complaining about the system in Colorado, he is actually benefiting from the rules of the GOP nomination process.

Yeah, OP subject got a bit lost as the Colorado issue of voters not getting to vote for the nominee is not the same as the '22%'.
Like all winding roads, they get to the destination in the end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join