It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Vs. Liberty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But my liberty has not been taken away in most cases. I still just do what i want, irrespective of any laws.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You still have exactly the same health care policy you had under exactly the same terms? You can negotiate to have exactly the policy you want that only covers things you need? You aren't paying for pregnancy coverage and birth control (assuming you are only buying a policy for yourself). I know if I wanted to buy a policy just for myself, I'd still have to boy something that covers prostate exams.

You can send you kid to any kid you choose in the public school system, not the one delineated to you by the district you live in?

You can run your business exactly as you choose, pay your employees exactly what wages you please, etc.?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, to be fair, i did say "most".

The unfortunate part is Im kinda stuck in the same boat with the lunatics. They are all voting to drink beer for breakfast while chopping at the boat with axes.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This subject is still percolating inside my head.

Let me split hairs and see what you think.(You and ketsuko.) I get this idea that those that view more from the idea of freedom, do so based on external barriers/restictions? Those leaning towards the liberty concept view those restrictions as internal ones or their personal views or morals.

Thus one who 'embraces' liberty is one of high(?) moral fiber. That eliminates the terrorist- in one sense- as acts against innocents/civilians would be outside their personal mores.

Those concerned with 'freedom' do not recognize choice is never taken away. It is given up. One assumes one doesn't have choice when one always has and always will possess 'choice'.

Those who hold to 'liberty' recognize their choice/options have been and are always present and restrains himself by personal morals, not only by laws, per say. Restraint is personal choice, not external.

The distinction between the psychopath, the terrorist, etc., that is exercising 'choice' and the person exercising 'liberty' is a personal moral fiber that is the same or close to those around him. His community, his nation.

This is off the top. make any sense or have I missed something here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join