It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, In a nutshell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Cops are criminals, criminals are victims.
People who don't work get a free ride.
Desecrating our nation's flag is acceptable.
Being transgender makes you a hero.
A sniper is a coward.
Obama negotiates with terrorists.
We supply guns to drug cartels, yet disarm our own citizens.
AND people want to make more money flipping burgers than the soldiers who risk their lives every day.

Pretty much sums of what I've noticed as of late.

Feel free to move this to "rant"

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Whose fault is this then, I wonder?

They say you shouldn't go around trying to cram ideas and ideals into tiny nutshells. They're usually too big or ambiguous to actually fit.

Hail Eris, or don't.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
People who don't work get a free ride?

Then why would someone work flipping burgers?
Why are people still starving to death if they get a "free ride?"

And those soldiers should've went to college and got a real job!

I see the point(s) you're trying to make, and I'm not attacking you.

Just being a bit of a troll.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
People who don't work get a free ride?

Then why would someone work flipping burgers?
Why are people still starving to death if they get a "free ride?"

And those soldiers should've went to college and got a real job!

I see the point(s) you're trying to make, and I'm not attacking you.

Just being a bit of a troll.

Hmmmm...guess I must've dreamt those tough 10 years I spent in the military.
edit on 6-4-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

you forget to mention....

9/11 was inside job.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Oh BS....
In isolated pockets and on the MSM who screams this crap. The rest of the US this junk doesn't fly.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

It's a matter of opinion. Take it how you want.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

you forget to mention....

9/11 was inside job.

I agree. However, I'm not going there. I was referring to recent times, not 15 years ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Helluva nutshell. You put the exact point on the pencil. Well said.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Today the guy that exposed planned parenthood was arrested Id say the Republic is dead,well its actually a fascist corporation and the smiley face mask is coming off soon

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Echo's through the walls of my nut shell
.... Squirrels ate the content of my reply ... sorry

edit on 7-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Do you do all reasoning in your life based on bumper-sticker slogans that are so easy to refute that your points are meaningless? These are throw away one-liners that you have been fed by the masters who seek to control you. The arguments are very simplistic, because they work on the masses who don't have to think about them very hard, just say to themselves “my life could be better, and how come it isn't? Oh yeah, because of those bumper sticker slogans that my masters told me about.”

Cops are criminals, criminals are victims.

So the cops are victims? This makes no sense. What does make sense is when cops break the law that they get punished.

People who don't work get a free ride.

Like retired folks on SSA, injured Vets, and workers on disability because their employers thought more of profit than a safe working environment? This is a right-wing myth that has been propagated for so long that it makes Hitler's “big lie techniques” proud.

Desecrating our nation's flag is acceptable.

No it is not to most folks. But acceptable and protected are legally two different things. I do not find klan rallies acceptable, but they are protected under the right to free speech and association. I like the constitution.

Being transgender makes you a hero.

This statement is a complete WTF to me, however most would admit that it does take a lot of bravery to come out as transgendered in a society that can discriminate against your orientation to the point of legally firing you, denying you services at a businesses and pretty much open you up to all sorts of bigoted violence in the name of “christian values.”

A sniper is a coward.

Historically true. Snipers would not come out on the field of battle. No longer so much.
I guess it depends on who is getting sniped.

Obama negotiates with terrorists.

Yes, unlike St. Reagan – see Iran Contra.

We supply guns to drug cartels, yet disarm our own citizens.

Guns to cartels was not a supply operation – it was a terrible plan that failed miserably. But the goal was to STOP guns going to cartels.

Once again, see ST. Reagan's contra stuff. Only difference is that he did it deliberately, with intended outcomes. Give arms to IRAN. On purpose.

And which Americans have had their guns take away? Criminals have to give them up. Check. People with certain mental health issues have to give them up. Check. Owners who illegally possess certain classes of firearms without the proper permits. Check. No one has come for my guns, or anyone I know. Check. Another bumper sticker.

AND people want to make more money flipping burgers than the soldiers who risk their lives every day.

If you make minimum wage at $7.25/hour and work 40 hours a week for 52 week you wind up with $15,080 a year. No would not be paying a federal taxes at that level, but you would still pay SSA (@6.2% = 934.96) and Medicare (@1.45% = $218.66) . That leave you with $13,926.38 a year.

A E-1 buck private in basic training starts out at 1,566.90 per month, which comes out to 18,802.80 per year, and they do not pay into SSA or Medicare. None of they stay at that rate for long, at promotions are automatic to E-2 in six months, brining their yearly pay to $21,078 per year. A buck Sargent with 5 years in make $31,370.40 per year. And this is while living in the barracks for free, and getting all their food for free, and having free medical care – not to mention one month paid vacation each year.

Bumper stickers and slogans are not the best way to build a factual understand of the world. As I mentioned above, they are tools of propaganda.
edit on 7-4-2016 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join