It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Radiation-proof RVs to Launch soon in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
People who love to travel but fear being caught in the middle of a terror attack can now breathe a sigh of relief - for a price. Homeland Defense Vehicles and Parliament Coach Corp have announced plans to build a radiation-proof recreational vehicle (RV). The vehicles will be introduced Wednesday Jan 15, 2005 at the Tampa Super RV Show in Florida.

www.alertnet.org
CHICAGO, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Two private U.S. companies have designs on building the first luxury recreational vehicle that could withstand nuclear radiation.

Parliament Coach Corp., a privately held company in Clearwater, Florida, which converts Prevost buses into high-end RVs, has partnered with Homeland Defense Vehicles to offer consumers a luxury motor coach that can protect occupants against nuclear radiation from dirty bombs as well as biological and chemical attacks.

The idea is to offer the option on the pricey vehicles to consumers worried about terror attacks, officials for both companies said Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nice to see someone is trying to protect all the rich folks, but what about the small guy, don't we count? They also have plans for a military version dubbed "Bad Boy Heavy Muscle Truck." Get this the military version will have prices up to $750,000 each and guess who is going to pay for those suckers? The little working man that's who.

I sure hope they are considering a system that will work in the average home, office etc., at a reasonable cost.

Related News Links:
biz.yahoo.com

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oooooh baby - Just what I need! I was wondering what i could give for the perfect Christmas gift next year. Just think I can ride through town and watch everyone writhing in pain and agony from deadly radiation poisoning, while I'm listening to tunes, and adjusting the temperature of my air conditioning. Nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hrm, radiation proof you say? That means it stops all radiation right? That kind of protection works both ways, it keeps radiation outside if its already outside, and inside if its already there. This would be a very good platform to drive around smuggled nuclear material to hide it from the detectors and satellites. Rather interesting how something designed to protect people can so easily be turned against them. Ah, theres the word I'm looking for...irony

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The RV's probably contain some materials from here....

www.radshield.com...

I saw it on CNN a couple years back...they made a radiation resistant material called DEMRON...

Hey, if you can't have the RV, a suit will do...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What a handy vehicle to own, I don't think. You have to get into the vehicle and then out again at some point, are you supposed to live in the thing? lol.

What a waste of time, still I guess it will help the paranoid feel safe.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
don't be so harsh, man. that's quite offensive.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yeah, when the big Nuke balloon goes up, the rich will be safe in their radiation proof vehicles on the way to their underground bunkers high in the mountains.

[edit on 1/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
don't be so harsh, man. that's quite offensive.

What is offensive exactley?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
the way you speak about paranoid people. give them a break?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Taking into account the fact that the often quoted dirty bombs, chemical and biological attacks will hit population centres, and RV's are primarily used for getting away from population centres, what use are they really?
Am I missing something or have the bogeymen drawn up plans to detonate a dirty nuke device in Yellowstone?

Chances are that if you are in a population centre that was hit by any of the above you would already be affected before you managed to get your expensive RV out. Also, in the event of a bio weapons attack you would most likely be prevented from leaving a quarantined area anyway. In fact, you'd probably be infected before an attack was even suspected.

An expensive gimmick for the rich and gullible

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

An expensive gimmick for the rich and gullible

ah so...
plus, in the event of a radiation exposure...
who you gonna sue when its' found out the 'shielding' didn't work?!

then again...
in 20 years, after the RVs useful life has ended,
all the homeless vets' will have EMP resistant hovels to shelter in-

see, the 'trickle-down' really does work?!

in any event, its all a win-win situation for TPTB

+

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You know I find it very interesting that we are worreid about the treat of dirty bombs, I believe it wasnt too long ago that several scientists testified explaining to them that dirty bombs are not workable, Review the link
www.newsmax.com...

Better get out the plastic wrap and duct tape,

duck and cover , duck and cover ---Atomic Cafe

ohplease

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
get a second hand air compressor/tank, and a roll of grey tape...
poor mans terror shelter...
as long as you let the air trickle out, you maintain positive pressure... enough to keep any biological chemical or radioactive dust from coming in. Air will get stale though, so you want to recycle and refill the tank often, just so you don't have to sit in a showerstall that smells like a locker room (unless it does anyway).

make sure you tape all joints in walls as well, since they might have gaps from home settling.

top topics

join