It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adr1ft VR Astronaut Simulator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This game looks gorgeous, it's one of the games that definitely makes me want to get an HTC Vive and not flake out and get the PS4 VR. So basically you wake up and are Matt Damon in space.

ADR1FT is an immersive First Person Experience (FPX) that tells the story of an astronaut in peril. Floating silently amongst the wreckage of a destroyed space station with no memory and a severely damaged EVA suit slowly leaking oxygen, the only survivor struggles to determine the cause of the catastrophic event that took the lives of everyone on board. The player fights to stay alive by exploring the wreckage for precious resources, and overcomes the challenges of an unforgiving environment to repair the damaged EEV and safely return home.

ADR1FT releases on Steam and Oculus 28 March 2016

www.adr1ft.com...

Heres almost 9 minutes of gameplay;

edit on 25-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
makes me want to get an HTC Vive and not flake out and get the PS4 VR.

Rift is better Kaleesi, it is known.

Adr1ft is one of like..4 games total that I am interested to play in VR..really terrible selection in the works for what is ultimately been a 3 year heads up.

Obvious "they should have tied in Gravity with this game" remark goes here.

One of the things that is hard to consider is locomotion in VR. things with platforms (hoverjunkers) are easy obviously, but things like fps's and such are gonna be interesting in the long run. ultimately devs would like to move away from typical WASD style movement if possible, but I dont see that happening. a jetpack type thing going on here (?) seems to be a good idea for space.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Have just scored a Samsung Gear VR that came bundled with a new S7 Edge.

I wasn't expecting much, but have to say how delighted I was with the immersion that it provides. All that have a look are impressed.

I can only imagine how good some high end gear would be ...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The Rift eh? Dont wanna buy the lesser.

One thing I did like about the ps4 was you can play other games in like a super wide screen mode, but I'm sure the others will just be as capable.

Movement, wads jetpack could work, but I'm thinking it'll go the way of some sort of controller we hold in our hand and see in game eventually??

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've never been so excited about possibly getting motion sickness!!! The game looks great, I can't wait to see what happens in the next 10 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ha!

Looks like I'm going to blow some more money on Steam!

Looks great!

new topics

top topics

join