It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD conducting exercise over DC region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The North American Aerospace Defense Command is conducting a training exercise over the Washington area.

NORAD says area residents can expect flights early Wednesday between midnight and 2:30 a.m.

The exercise called "Falcon Virgo" is designed to test NORAD's intercept and identification operations. Civil Air Patrol aircraft and a U.S. Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin helicopter and Air Force C-21 aircraft will participate in the exercise.

NORAD says if there is bad weather the exercise will take place Thursday, and if bad weather continues officials will either postpone or cancel the exercise.

NORAD conducting exercise over DC region

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: calKno

That is great information. I thank you. I just don't understand why NORAD will use airspace over people's homes and wake them up at that crazy hour. What is the point of having air bases in the desert!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Interesting timing, n'est pas?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Didn't Norad have some training exercise on the day of 9/11 ?

Not saying anythings going to happen but with what's gone down in Belgium the timing sure seems convenient

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Not saying anythings going to happen but with what's gone down in Belgium the timing sure seems convenient

This may be relevant

www.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This is what also came to mind for me. There was a thread on ATS about as well. I can't find it at the moment. But it's here.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

That is great information. I thank you. I just don't understand why NORAD will use airspace over people's homes and wake them up at that crazy hour. What is the point of having air bases in the desert!

Because the best way to train for real world possibilities is to train in a real world setting.

Is flying over houses the same as flying over a desert?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

A great point. I did not think about that. Yes if I was training I would want it to be a real life exercise. Thank you for unlocking my brain!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

These exercises are planned as far as two years in advance. They aren't just suddenly called for. Even something like an ORI is planned well in advance.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I knew you would chime in. So I am sure the residents are well aware of what is going on and were notified. That makes sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

There are some that they don't tell the community about until they start, because that would give the unit notice, but generally they try hard to keep the public informed.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Some people would freak out if they were not notified. Me I would be waiting to see and hear what I could. I am sure you would be outside too.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: calKno

originally posted by: Discotech

This may be relevant

www.reddit.com...

Damn. I don't like that coincidence at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I was on the ramp for a few. More fun there.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Have any bases located in the desert ever been attacked?
Have civilian / military targets located in population centers ever been attacked?

Thats why.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Major Ed Dames said on a recent Coast to Coast AM that he doesn't think there will be a 2016 presidential election - that something is going to happen. The fact these NORAD drills are in Washington DC seems significant.

Jacques Vallee hinted in a 2014 presentation that the Pentagon would be baffled by a surprise attack of glowing orbs (UFOs) and insinuated that we would all find out within the next couple years.

My guess: There will be an unprecedented surprise attack in Washington DC or New York before November 2016....

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

You realise that there have been exercises over Washington before, much closer to elections, right? They happen. The units there need training too.

top topics

join