It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do iphones 4,5,6 etc make a camera clicking noise on power off???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

OP is basing their theory on a sound...a sound that is unnecessary for a phone to make in order to back-handedly upload information from the phone.

That's my whole point. Sure, we can get into the thought that they did it as a distraction to keep people from thinking that they're uploading stuff from your phone every time that you shut off the screen, but to pretend that even shutting off the screen is a necessary action for a phone producer to code the OS to download data.

I find the premise of the theory absurd, even if it's a possibility that Apple is stealing my data without my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

OP is basing their theory on a sound...a sound that is unnecessary for a phone to make in order to back-handedly upload information from the phone.

That's my whole point. Sure, we can get into the thought that they did it as a distraction to keep people from thinking that they're uploading stuff from your phone every time that you shut off the screen, but to pretend that even shutting off the screen is a necessary action for a phone producer to code the OS to download data.

I find the premise of the theory absurd, even if it's a possibility that Apple is stealing my data without my knowledge.

So you think that the developers are incapable of having a sense of humor? It may not be about distraction at all but making it so obvious that the idea itself becomes laughably absurd. That`s exactly how I would do it, if I were a part of such plot. Not only that you are stealing data from your users but you are doing it in style

Never underestimate a thought capacity and hubris of a human being.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Locking the screen makes a slightly different noise, but taking a screen shot makes a camera click... it actually happened to me not so long ago, while on the train for the first time in 10 years (public transports for peasants).

I accidentally clicked the home button and lock button at the same time and took a screen shot and a heap of people just looked at me in disgust... except (ironically) for the chick who was in front of me who just laughed it off, since she probably saw what had happened.

It's the most embarrassing thing though, since at that point there really isn't anything you can do or say that won't make you look like more of an idiot... lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join