It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Damage of a Truck Bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Yes but with a city blacked out, it would be easier for more incidents to be set up. The moment the power comes back on, another blackout comes up. Why? New attack vector. It would have cost the city billions in lost revenue, and more than that in loss of face on the wider economic front.

Hmmm..you have given this a lot of thought...

I understand what you are saying...just not sure i agree totally.
edit on 18-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes and no.
Imagine from the point of view of the IRA at the time, devastating the UK by crippling it's infostructure or say destabilise a reservoir would cause international condemnation and make it impossible for donations across the Atlantic to arrive.

The IRA really believed it could win a battle for hearts and minds via it's tactics, it seriouslyy under estimated the power of journalism. Instead of instilling the fear that they could strike any time any where but really want to deal they were instead painted as indiscriminate terrorists at war with the British public.

You are right as always TrueBrit :p most of their bomb attacks on mainland UK were half-arsed considering what they could have achieved if they wanted too. They easily had the potential to level a few buildings and kill as many as they wanted if they chose.

I know you have a creative mind, the location of Ireland and the number of those wo could fight for the Irish cause would have been devastating if they chose to go all out on the UK. They had SAM systems and most likely the tech to deliver payloads via air. They could bombard Nuclear plants on the west coast with rockets heck the could just sabotage the water intake at plants on the sea risking meltdown.. I think I'll stop now.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

thats probably the largest on tape i ever saw...
and i saw alot : O

ps. notice the surveillance blimp comes down!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeinzKarl

thats probably the largest on tape i ever saw...
and i saw alot : O

ps. notice the surveillance blimp comes down!

Holy sh*t. !

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well sometimes its only need an El Arbol truck

www.liveleak.com...

rly hard to pick : __D

i call it blue angle lol

edit on 26-3-2016 by HeinzKarl because: (no reason given)

ps. feel free to ask for more : _D
edit on 26-3-2016 by HeinzKarl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join