It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed is pushing the SR-72 for the tune of $1 billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: airforce47

You mean the MAW? That was more like 30 years. NASA has been flying a Gulfstream with flexible control surfaces for a few months now. Pretty impressive results so far.

I watched a video not too long ago that showed an adaptive wing shapeshifting for lack of a better word. Weird looking stuff, but, very cool!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

This one?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

That's the one. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
F-22 SIZE hmmm , don't you think it could be a concept for 6th gen fighter with mach 4/6 DASH , this news come just after the Northrop B-21 contract and the start of talk about a futur fighter.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

For those of us watch the black swift it was a pretty textbook example of going black, I'm pretty sure that's what was causing the sky quakes around Edwards in 08, maybe theyre ramping up production because the sky quakes are starting to come back

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: darksidius

For those of us watch the black swift it was a pretty textbook example of going black, I'm pretty sure that's what was causing the sky quakes around Edwards in 08, maybe theyre ramping up production because the sky quakes are starting to come back

maybe not.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I bet there is a certain degree of fuel efficiency with the "sr-72" uh, when they finally develop her in 2035 or whenever.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes Blackswift, I was sad when congress kill it, it was the best promising in 2008 to saw a concrete hypersonic craft coming , I think Lockheed keep it in the box for the good time and for my opinion the good time is now. It don't must be too difficult to find 1 billion in the black to build a prototype like the SR-72. May be the engine of the hyper craft could be use on a futur fighter with high mach dash if it's so close too work.
edit on 17-3-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Oh yeah sorry I forgot, you claim with no proof to have seen 1 mile long triangle craft with no pictures, and then seem to see a new classified craft every other week again with proof, I forgot you were an expert.

I bow down to your sir, please provide us with more tales from your back yard..

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

ok, now you're not even doing your homework on me. when have I ever made a claim to have seen a 6,000' spacecraft?

no, I claim that since companies like jpaerospace are currently working on developing just that, its entirely feasible that the military or extremely well funded contractors with plenty of good motives to do so may just have gone ahead and developed something like that to serve their needs. couple that with the relative simplicity of the concept, and the multiple witnesses in Hudson valley and earlier in the day during the Phoenix lights sightings describing very similar things that its entirely plauzible.

as for me seeing stuff all the time. los angeles happens to be well located. it has a very active air base Down the road. if you happen to have odd sleep habits brought about by anxiety due to financial destitution and enjoy walking around the neighborhood at early hours staring at the stars because it helps you might see interesting things flying waaaay up there.

and sometimes even in broad daylight too.

most people don't look up, but in a city with millions and millions of people some do. sometimes they get lucky...sometimes not.

what I do to piss you off btw.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

finally as far as sharing tales with ats members in the threads. I've stopped doing that with my latest sightings. not because they're dubious but because some stuff shouldn't be talked about on a public forum.

I recommend you take a moment, and enjoy some of the pretty flowers in my avatar. at least they help me calm down when I get all needlessly worked up over insignificant things.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not sticking up for him cause I'm sure he can handle that himself. But, having grown up in Burbank in a family that was involved in the aircraft industry, I can assure you that strange things can be, and often are, seen in the Southern California skies. Sometimes in broad daylight. Not surprised at all that BASSPLYR has spotted some unusual stuff given his interest in aviation and his location.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join