It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Benefit Concert: Canada for Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For anyone who may be interested, on Thursday, Jan. 13th 7-10 p.m., a host of Canadian artists, many of whom are well known in the U.S., relief organizations and government agencies are coming together with a common vision and goal - to raise money for ongoing relief and re-building efforts in Asia. It will be available on CBC Radio One via the internet as well.

www.cbc.ca
Canadian artists from all walks of life, including musicians, comics, actors, hockey stars, authors and Olympians, are coming together for a live national benefit broadcast event on CBC Television in support of ongoing relief and long-term rebuilding efforts in Asia.

Scheduled to appear on the show, at the time of writing, are Celine Dion, Rush, The Tragically Hip, Mike Myers, Anne Murray, Bryan Adams, Blue Rodeo, Kids In The Hall, Oscar Peterson, Tom Cochrane, Wayne Gretzky, Sloan, Keshia Chante, Daniel Lanois, Barenaked Ladies, Sam Roberts, Cynthia Dale, Doc Walker, Shaye, Lunch at Allens (Murray McLaughlan/Ian Thomas/Cindy Church/Marc Jordan), Erik McCormick, Bruce Cockburn, David Usher, Molly Johnson, John Roberts, Eagle and Hawk, Andrea Martin, The Trews, MIR, Kevin Parent, Dr. David Suzuki, John McDermott and Alex Trebek.

Canadian Forces Radio and Television services will broadcast the concert live to our Canadian troops in Kabul, Golan Heights and the Sinai.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You can view the promo at 66.48.64.211...

Promises to be an excellent show - if you're interested in but live outside of Canada you can tune in on the 'net. Go to www.cbc.ca/newscast.html, click on Live Radio, Toronto and enjoy. You'll need windoz media player or realplayer to get real streaming audio. If you have CBC Newsworld International via digital cable or satellilte you can watch it live too.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looks like a nice lineup. Though I'd do away with Anne Murray, but that's just me

I hope it turns out to be a success!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yah...she's seen better days, but I guess there trying to appeal to all ages. Man, Rush takes me back to my teenage years...2012 baby. I saw John Roberts on the lineup - I remember when he was spinning records as J.D. Roberts on CHUM a.m. - he's come a long way...they say he may replace Dan Rather on the news.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hhehe, ya, Rush take ya back.
I go to the guitarists (Alex Lifeson's)bar sometimes here in Toronto.. Seen him get onstage and jam with the band a few times
good stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Que cuolo que tieni :-) Did I spell that right???? I know lots of Italians and they like to say that. Me too, its a great expression when someone's lucky.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey there -

Just learned that the benefit concert tonight 7 p.m. EST is going to be webcast, so if you're interested go to:

www.cbc.ca...

Apparently is going to be quite something - 150 different personalities, in person and via satellite/video from various places in the U.S. I imagine, and reportages from the affected regions. The whole thing has been put together in just about a week which is pretty amazing.

Hope you'll tune in, you're in for a great ride for sure if you do!

AL:

[edit on 13/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

[edit on 13/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

top topics

join