It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Greetings people

Finished mixing my last track,its about Jonestown this time

Give it a listen and tell me what you think

soundcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
wow, i hope i didnt offend anyone O_o

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dasrobot

As a professional musician for 50 years...my advice isn't about your track here: its about your attitude.

Of course you may offend someone....but you may also move someone...or make one refleck on something from their lives past or present, good or bad...or to tap their feet...or even cry.

So...never apologize for creating harmony. It moves people in many ways. And that is your only job...to move others.

Never apologize for moving or crushing emotions of the heart.

Music...is its own reward. Stand tall and be proud of what you create. Never apologize for that....

MS
Member of Billboard Magazines Top 100 Rock n Roll Groups of all Time
Copyrighted-Published Songwriter
edit on 14-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splg

edit on 14-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: durn phone!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sincerely, thank you

a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dasrobot

No problem. Ive learned that the only one you need to worry about is you and what you think.

Reminds me of an analogy for some perspective on this: "I don't care if the critics like my stuff or hate it...Just make sure they spell my name right!"

(Any and all publicity is great!)

Good luck

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They’ll never rest till they've outed you now, man. Good luck.

Me, I’m guessing you’re Brian Wilson.

edit on 15/3/16 by Astyanax because: of good vibrations.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I bow, of course, before your exponentially greater experience (I’m just an amateur), and I do agree that one should never pay too much attention to critics. Still, I think every artist wants an audience, and moreover wants that audience to be appreciative of what he or she does.

Concerning the piece the OP has composed, it sounds to me like what used to be called musique concrète, in this case made up of what sound to me like radio samples, with a piano motif reminiscent of Sigur Ròs running through it and some interesting vocals. It certainly didn’t offend me (why would it offend anyone?) but I admit I didn’t listen to it all. I got a bit thrown by one minute and twenty-odd seconds of spoken radio samples at the start. Not the composer’s fault; my musical tastes are a bit more... traditional.

OP, if you’d like to tell us a bit about your musical journey up to this point, I for one would be interested.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I wish I had Brian's royalties. Mine go from a couple hundred a year to $20,000 for a movie....but waaaaay far apart....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

*You inspired me to respoind further. I hope its alright...

Additionally...no matter the level of experience..you and I are both...and always will be amateurs. We are all...each of us..just in different spots on the same level playing field. ie: Music

Ive held 4 careers in my time. One in the security industry, another in the University Hospital system of medicine, another lifetime in music, 11-top 10's in the 1960's-a member of associate producers in music for a major record label-a guitar instructor in the 1970's, an author-published, and a FEMA/Homeland Security trained 1st Responder in Advanced Disaster Life Support (currently).

I have music on an episode of the Sopranos, 2 John Candy and Steve Martin movies, one with Martin Short....and Ive produced many music videos and even a pepsi commercial. So let me tell you this.

IT DOESNT MATTER in the scheme of life itself.

We are here today, communicating on a faceless forum, both sharing the common thread of being human. Ive had some incredible losses in life through bad decisions, management, deaths and plain stupidity. Yet I stay spiritually strong.

Ive leaned we are all the same. I volunteer. I teach, I study. Ive astrally projected successfully for over 40 years now. Ive embraced God and ran smack dab into the Devil himself too.

**MY POINT. Im here not to gloat, stroke my ego, blow my own horn, or yell "Look at ME" to the mountain tops. Thats why I like the facelessness of us and a simple screen name. Ive never hid from anyone, not pretended to be someone Im not. For we are all equals. Just at different levels.

I say this here and now because you indicated slightly I am above the "average" musician or whomever. That is not true. Believe me when I tell you we are only here for a short while...at least this time around...so we should try to do some good for someone...no matter how insignificant it may seem...everyday.

So, I thank you for your reply, but please remember this...we are only here for a short time. Make the most of yours...to help others. But all of us...we are the same.

Peace, Love n LIght...Always

MS
edit on 15-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr...again

new topics

top topics

join