It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Le Touquet agreement - is NOT tied to EU membership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
damm - new thread for ..... reasons

i will make this simple :

the series of treaties known as " Le Touquet agreement " are not dependant on either parties membership of the EU

its a treaty between great britain and the french republic - EU membership NOT a condition

Further the UK is OUTSIDE the ` Schengen Area `

bottom line - france has no grounds to recind the Le Touquet agreement just cos the UK leaves the EU

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Let them, if we are outside the E.U, nobody from any European country will have an automatic right to enter the country, not without a passport anyway. We can just return any people coming from the continent as they should seek asylum in the first safe country they arrive in.

It's fearmongering that's all. Hollande doesn't want to influence the U.K referendum? Of course not, and Corbyn will pledge allegiance to the Queen.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was not aware of that fact. Interesting isn't it! We don't need to be in the EU.

Contribute to the ATS BREXIT vote here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure there are many things to discover about our EU membership that so many were not aware of.

"Make the British people afraid and they will do as we want" as opposed to what is best for them.
edit on 3-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Even if the French did decide to kill the Le Touquet agreement & we "Brexit", we would still have to patrol our borders around the UK no matter the outcome of Le Touquet agreement.

All this scaremongering by the pro EU brigade will not make me change my mind, of voting OUT when the time comes.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thanks for the info. When I read about it it reeked of propaganda. Or scaremongering. Good ignorance denying.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
damm - new thread for ..... reasons

i will make this simple :

the series of treaties known as " Le Touquet agreement " are not dependant on either parties membership of the EU

its a treaty between great britain and the french republic - EU membership NOT a condition

Further the UK is OUTSIDE the ` Schengen Area `

bottom line - france has no grounds to recind the Le Touquet agreement just cos the UK leaves the EU

It seems that way, besides there are still the customs checks as well as the agreed immigration checks, Belgium is also part of the agreement, and that should mean a disembarkation for passengers going through Belgium, for immigration and probably customs checks too. For some reason, a little birdy is telling me that this could well be a Cameron deceit asking the French minister to make waves for our delectation through the press.
There were substantial numbers getting through to the UK without proper documentation before the agreement, and many ended up seeking asylum, any real problem is getting information since that agreement. From the point of view of terrorist acts though, the curiosity is that the Paris attacks have been home grown or from Belgium home grown, that's something I find strange given the numbers of British yahoos who went to North Africa as perpetrators of evil deeds to kill Brits and Americans and more.
The thing is you can't ignore the terrorist threat, refugees or otherwise, the other thing is, there are 'routine' checks at ports within the UK anyway...that doesn't mean that all those doing the checking are English, Irish, Welsh or Scottish.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Corbyn will pledge allegiance to the Queen.

Nor should he. I would prefer a democracy...

new topics

top topics

join