It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Debate is turning into another reality TV show, just watch the highlights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sadly I missed the debate last night so I started searching for it. I stumbled across the CNN's highlight videos. Most of these clips are one to two minuets long and consist of catchy titles or "click bait" similar to YouTube.

These "What To Watch" segments, as labeled in the URL, are setup to gain interest and viewers to tune into the actual debate, while retaining current debate watchers.

I encourage you to watch some of the clips on the website and then after watching some of the highlights ask yourself if it just comes across as another silly reality TV show.

-The candidates/contestants bicker and name call
-Attack each other with less than professional ideals
-Some real ideas are discussed to retain a level of credibility
-The celebrity moderators and how they can sometimes antagonize a candidate

The list goes on and I feel that this side of politics is becoming a bit absurd just for the viewers and money.

Heres the link:

www.cnn.com...

Heres the same type of video on YouTube

I believe part of this is due to Trump, ever since day 1 he knew what hes had to do and hes been successful so far. He needed to create a type of personality to shake things up and appeal to voters in a different way.

I think the media and other candidates are latching on to his persona and are amplifying it. We are left with the transformation of the politics becoming more of a reality TV show.

Also I posted a funny Saturday Night Live skit, mocking the debates for fun. (lots of jeb jokes LOL), here it is

edit on 26-2-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It is kinda similar to reality TV shows but one difference is that a reality TV show isn't always predetermined.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I was waiting for Trump to lose it and start brawling on the stage with Rubio and Cruz. I think the next GOP debate should take place in a boxing ring. The last man standing wins the GOP nomination!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's a sad day in America when political campaigns become parody's of themselves and fit only for a "poorly educated" electorate. Even Palin/McCain ran a classier campaign than this group of fools.

For awhile it was entertaining; now it's just depressing to think that this nation has sunk to this level.
edit on 26-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Agreed.

There will always be parody's, making fun of everybody and everything no matter how serious,

The problem is when the shoe fits.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan's true legacy to the country is the deranged ill educated rabble that is the modern GOP.

By courting the Religulous right & emptying the mental wards he set the stage for the silly sitcom that this election year has become.

K~

top topics

join