It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS supporters threaten Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
IsiL is BACK! Now, they will shut down twitter and face book! It will be an interesting story to follw. Their 'threats' as of late, have fallen by the wayside.

We know they have the financial ability, but do they really possess the tech savy skill set to carry out, these (for now anyway) empty promises?

What say you ATS?

NEW YORK
A group of ISIS supporters has threatened to take down Facebook and Twitter -- as well as their leaders.

Photos of Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey appear multiple times in a 25-minute video created by a group that calls itself the Sons Caliphate Army. The images of the two CEOs are sometimes engulfed in flames, or marked with bullet holes.

The video is in response to efforts by Facebook (FB, Tech30) and Twitter (TWTR, Tech30) to stop terrorist activity on their platforms.

In a new video, ISIS supporters threaten the CEOs of Twitter and Facebook in response to their efforts to stop terrorist activity.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

They don't really need much tech knowledge to bring down facebook or twitter beyond knowledge of how to DDOS, hell you can even rent botnets to take down sites without even needing to take over any slave computers and all you need do is just direct your rented virtual minions to attack a site.

Renting a Zombie Farm: Botnets and the Hacker Economy

What’s even more interesting than the botnet’s function are the economics behind how a bot master makes their money. Simply put, they use their infrastructure to offer services to other cybercriminals. Similar to Amazon Web Services renting cloud capacity to any number of applications, a bot master will often lease their bot out to subsequently commit other cybercrimes. This means individuals with little or no skill in creating a botnet can rent one capable of crippling a major website with a DDoS attack for a little as $100-200 USD per day. For more passive attacks such as acting as a spambot or proxy, botnets can also be rented for only about $500 USD per month depending on the amount of bandwidth needed.

As for killing zuckerberg and dorsey, well we all know ISIS aren't afraid of getting blood on their hands, although these guys are just supporters and not fully fledged ISIS so it's not known how far they're willing to go

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I hope they do shut down twitter and facebook.
It's a start in the right direction at least.

edit on 25-2-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Whatever happened to Anonymous threatening them for the last Paris attack?

Our Cyber Messiahs have forsaken us

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
I believe anonymous are just a front to give people a belief that someone is doing something. Anonymous can do so much but I've seen them do so little I don't believe they a legitimate group of people

Any way back to the story .. I thought ISIS used Twitter and Facebook to recruit so I can only assume they are shooting themselves in the foot

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

They don't really need much tech knowledge to bring down facebook or twitter beyond knowledge of how to DDOS, hell you can even rent botnets to take down sites without even needing to take over any slave computers and all you need do is just direct your rented virtual minions to attack a site.

Renting a Zombie Farm: Botnets and the Hacker Economy

What’s even more interesting than the botnet’s function are the economics behind how a bot master makes their money. Simply put, they use their infrastructure to offer services to other cybercriminals. Similar to Amazon Web Services renting cloud capacity to any number of applications, a bot master will often lease their bot out to subsequently commit other cybercrimes. This means individuals with little or no skill in creating a botnet can rent one capable of crippling a major website with a DDoS attack for a little as $100-200 USD per day. For more passive attacks such as acting as a spambot or proxy, botnets can also be rented for only about $500 USD per month depending on the amount of bandwidth needed.

As for killing zuckerberg and dorsey, well we all know ISIS aren't afraid of getting blood on their hands, although these guys are just supporters and not fully fledged ISIS so it's not known how far they're willing to go

If you understand how DDoS attacks work you know that you can't kill facebook with that type of thing. At the very most you might get some local problems with some apps that might not work for a while.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

ISIS angry at Facebook?

I guess they didn't get enough "Likes", and no one "Shared" the recipe for Goat Salad-Surprise that Hamal had worked so hard with.

A shame, really.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol, ironically it seems that they may be getting FAR too many likes, as mentioned here:

Like ISIS the hell outta here (gizmodo)

Sounds like ISIS don't like being liked.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

That's just BS a large enough attack can bring down any infrastructure on the web. The script kiddies prove it time and again when they attack the Microsoft, EA and Steam servers

DDoS Attackers Continue Hitting Twitter, Facebook, Google

The distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks that knocked out Twitter for hours and affected other sites like Facebook, Google's Blogger, and LiveJournal on Thursday continued all day Friday and may persist throughout the weekend.

Not possible eh ?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Affected is not knocked out, and it certainly isn't killed! Dude do a bit of research before coming back with the first google hit you get.

That link is from 2009 you know?

IGN message from 2009 quoting ddos

edit on 25-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: correction

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wonder how many ISIS sympathisers are here on ATS?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I hope they do shut down twitter and facebook.
It's a start in the right direction at least.

Maybe they should shut you down? Many might think that's a move in the right direction.
edit on 25-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It clearly says "distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks that knocked out Twitter" I highlighted it in bold in case you can't see it.

Also the OP article only talks about killing the owners, for the sites it just says take them down, doesn't specify a length of time that they'll be down for.

Want more proof ?

Here's one from 2015

Facebook: down and out again (along with Instagram) after DDoS attack?

Apparently it was a DDoS attack according to some sources, and indeed Lizard Squad is claiming responsibility, having tweeted: “Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, AIM, Hipchat #offline #LizardSquad”.

But keep insisting that it's not possible to DDOS these sites, if it makes you feel better

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

It clearly says "distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks that knocked out Twitter" I highlighted it in bold in case you can't see it.

Also the OP article only talks about killing the owners, for the sites it just says take them down, doesn't specify a length of time that they'll be down for.

Want more proof ?

Here's one from 2015

Facebook: down and out again (along with Instagram) after DDoS attack?

Apparently it was a DDoS attack according to some sources, and indeed Lizard Squad is claiming responsibility, having tweeted: “Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, AIM, Hipchat #offline #LizardSquad”.

But keep insisting that it's not possible to DDOS these sites, if it makes you feel better

OMG your own source has a question mark after it, did you see that? That outage was later explained by facebook.

Disaster over for Facebook addicts, the social network has resumed normal service after an hour of downtime. Facebook didn’t say what caused the “major outage”. Update: The company has now said the outage wasn’t a result of a third party attack — hacker group Lizard Squad claimed credit earlier. Here’s the Facebook statement:

Earlier this evening many people had trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram. This was not the result of a third party attack but instead occurred after we introduced a change that affected our configuration systems. We moved quickly to fix the problem, and both services are back to 100% for everyone.

Techcrunch: origin of above post.

Never mind, let's just agree to disagree then ok?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Apple's fake public protection campaign, now this.

Sounds like someone is buttering up the anti-encryption pig.

You know, for your saftey.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join