It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widow faces deportation from the UK despite being 92 and frail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think the best is to rule she has to go so as to not set precedent, while giving her a stay of enforcement, so she never has to actually leave.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's an interesting coincidence that you post this story dated 22th Dec 2015 just minutes before this this story comes out.

edit on 20 2 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As I'm sure others have already said, this is a consequence of Cameron's attempt to limit immigration.
He can't stop anyone coming from the EU so He has to deport other people, Commonwealth citizens and Yanks mostly.

I read the other day about a guy who was a Guardsman, a vet of Iraq and Afghanistan who's American wife was refused citizenship so they both had to go and live in the US.

Want to see an end to this? Vote Leave when we get the referendum.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Exactly what I said should happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I said the govt was being mean, not the op. Sorry for the double entendre, I suppose I was too economical with my words. a reply to: Curious69

edit on 20-2-2016 by Blastoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I was working next to a dss office last week.. (The place where people go for their state handouts)
I was shocked to see a steady flow of people. Non were British I must add in and out signing for their free paycheck.
These people were getting into top of the range cars, lots of 'bling' designer clothes, brand new high end mobile phones..
The most were from Somalia, African and Arabic origin.
Most people I know knock their bollocks out everyday for pittance and struggle daily to put bread on the table. .
It is wrong... so, so wrong.. I'm beginning to hate my own place of birth. .

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
But they want to say bad things about US for even talking about deporting illegals.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
She should convert to Islam and rape some Brit girls if she wants to get on the governments good side.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

They started deportation proceedings because it automatically flags on the system when an application is refused, the passport gets sent to a collection office where the applicant had to retrieve it on their way out of the country. It's the cheapest and most efficient way of doing it.

It's got nothing to do with Cameron anyway, it's the way the system has been implemented for at least the last 15 years. It's got nothing to do with the EU either, this and the other case you cited are determined by UK law not EU.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

It's an interesting coincidence that you post this story dated 22th Dec 2015 just minutes before this this story comes out.

The story was linked off my RT twitter feed yesterday. As soon as I found out I just had to call Cameron and give him a piece of my mind. It was quickly fixed

www.rt.com...

She has actually not been allowed to stay - its only 'stay of execution'

edit on 20/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

The cold hard calculating computer!

I suppose there is an argument she is ethnicly british, I don't know the commonwealth mentality and all that. the argument is that she is a returnee not that this is some sort of moral wrong?

exemptions are a slippery slope for a system that should be neutral. Now instead of old women, insert: child, pregnant, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Very contrived journalism... Story like these are manipulative with the facts and there's always a political aspect.
Newspapers love a campaign, I would advise you to avoid them.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blastoff

Nah i knew what you ment, i was just teasing you

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

Very contrived journalism... Story like these are manipulative with the facts and there's always a political aspect.
Newspapers love a campaign, I would advise you to avoid them.

Not sure what you mean? I don't read newspapers by the way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join